Downward Spiral

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by GoldenPsych, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I did it again. I ended up taking an overdose just over a week ago. Why... It was a spare of the moment thing I had had too much to drink and was feeling bad. I was wound up with work. I was in hospital one night. THroughout the day I have really down moments where I just want everything to end, they used to be quite irreguar but recently I get them quite a few times during the day. I manage to distract myself to think of something else but I am really worried. I have spoke to one of my counsellors and she wants me to keep a diary so we can work out what my thought processes are. The thing is things should be going great. It is on the run up to christmas, things are going really well with my boyfriend, and I am living in a great place, so why do I feel like I do. I feel sick at times as I feel so down. I am worried that things are getting worse again, I have not taken my pills in a couple of weeks as I took them all when I overdosed on them, the thing is I dont want them around me incase I have a moment of weekness again. So what do I do?

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You're probably not going to want to hear this but, you need your meds. Often when you just quit your meds the effect is exactly what you are experiencing. Most meds recommend that you do not quit "cold turkey" but rather wean off. You shoud talk to your doctor about maybe trying something different. Do you live with anyone that could keep you meds in a safe place for you? Talk to your doctor and hope you can work something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.