DownYourDrink.org.uk

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ~Nobody~, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to pass this on.

www.downyourdrink.org.uk

I think it's really good. There are exercises to complete (if you want to) designed to help you decide whether or not to cut down your booze intake, and then there's loads of support there if you decide you want to (I haven't though, yet).

One of the most useful things is a really interactive Drink Diary. You record 'drinking episodes' including what you drank, how much you drank, where you were, who you were with... you can add thoughts and feelings before and after too.

It's a real eye-opener, I guess. I didn't realise how much alcohol I was drinking :unsure:. I'm not going to mess around trying to stop yet, because at the moment it's just something that gets me by, but I'm still recording the diary if only because it's interesting! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Re: DownYourDrink.com

where exactly is this diary you're talking about?
    I tried accessing the site you gave but only got advertisements :unsure:

3. ~Nobody~

Ooh er, you're right! Bear with me, I'll try to fix the problem :blink:.

Okay, I messed up the address. I use Firefox so when I want to access it I only have to type 'downyourdrink' and it finds it for me. So I assumed it was .com because I am a wally :unsure:.

I've edited my post at the top but can a mod or admin please alter the name of the thread so that it says .org.uk rather than .com? Cheers :smile:.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  4. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Sorted that for you darlin ^^

5. ~Nobody~

Thanks Magpie :smile:.

Hope people find this helpful now that it actually works!

6. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

me likes it. I think it could end up being quite helpful.

Thanks for that! :hug:

7. whynot

whynot Active Member

I don't think that sight is very realistic

If you select anything other than having 1 drink a month or less it tells you your health risk may be increased. It doesn't distinguish between having more than 1 drink a month a couple times a week vs having 10 drinks a day, every day. Worthless site IMO.

8. ~Nobody~

^^^^

It does distinguish, actually. Maybe you should try doing more than the initial mini-questionnaire thing.

I really like it, because it makes it clear that you don't have to fit the stereotype of an 'alcoholic'. And it also makes it clear that only you can make the decision to cut down or stop. It doesn't decry alcohol in general. It doesn't try to tell you off, nanny you, or bugger about with statistics to make you feel bad. It doesn't lie and it doesn't act like it knows better than you or like you are a bad person for drinking more than the RDA.

And I stand by the fact that the drinking diary is a FANTASTIC resource.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.