Dragged into War with Iran?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

A couple articles regarding the current situation and the push for war with Iran.

Iran's secret nuclear plant will spark a new round of IAEA inspections and lead to a period of even greater transparency

By Scott Ritter

September 27, 209 "The Guardian" -- It was very much a moment of high drama. Barack Obama, fresh from his history-making stint hosting the UN security council, took a break from his duties at the G20 economic summit in Pittsburgh to announce the existence of a secret, undeclared nuclear facility in Iran which was inconsistent with a peaceful nuclear programme, underscoring the president's conclusion that "Iran is breaking rules that all nations must follow".

Obama, backed by Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy, threatened tough sanctions against Iran if it did not fully comply with its obligations concerning the international monitoring of its nuclear programme, which at the present time is being defined by the US, Britain and France as requiring an immediate suspension of all nuclear-enrichment activity.

The facility in question, said to be located on a secret Iranian military installation outside of the holy city of Qom and capable of housing up to 3,000 centrifuges used to enrich uranium, had been monitored by the intelligence services of the US and other nations for some time. But it wasn't until Monday that the IAEA found out about its existence, based not on any intelligence "scoop" provided by the US, but rather Iran's own voluntary declaration. Iran's actions forced the hand of the US, leading to Obama's hurried press conference Friday morning.

Continues........ http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article23580.htm

More Lies, More Deception

By Paul Craig Roberts

Iran is insisting that the US government abide by the non-proliferation treaty that the US originated and pushed and that Iran signed. But the US government, which is currently engaged in three wars of aggression and has occupying troops in a number of other countries, insists that Iran, which is invading and occupying no country, cannot be trusted with nuclear energy capability. Continue................. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article23581.htm

Everything You Know About Iran Is A Myth

2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yes. They're aiming for us. Nuke em. Let's get Duke Nukem.
  3. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

does anyone not realise to go to war the government needs 60% vote of all adults to approve, the legislation that states otherwise is illegal.
    To still go forward and declare war is a war crime as they have no legitimate backing, for this reason we are duty bound under the UDHR to remove the government in power and replace it with a government that will represent the people.
    Just think that in iraq we have killed over 400,000 children. Now from a government that has the ability to direct missiles so precisely and also the advanced training we have available it seems that the number of children killed in atrocious and needless.
    I have had friends fight in iraq and a couple have died, the ones who dont, come back with some horrific stories that instill the idea that we are NOT there to "enlighten" and "liberate" them.
    War is not something anyone is "dragged" into, it is either an action or reaction, in present day only a reaction can be deemed necessary without calling a rushed vote.
    We are acting, without consent of the masses, and going to other countries and slaughtering innocents due to a cultural difference and wealth from their land.
    The war criminals however like bush and blair seem to be above the law and are not called on to anwer for their crimes nor are they punish for it.

Anyone see the similarity with iraq, secret weapons....no proof shown to us as yet but we are still willing to attack???
    fuck off! its exactly the same as before!
  4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I've been following the Iranian shenanigans past few days - y'know, it's like a dodgy soap opera. You can't stop what's coming down the pike, to think so is vanity. However, i think we can deflect the malevolent plans of those in high places.
  5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

...yeah. I can't imagine going to war with iran being a good idea for the US and the allies. Besides all the financial chaos and lack of man power, it'll strengthen an already stirred hatred of the general term of "americans". Shit, can you imagine all the people from Iran in our countries now? They'd be so torn and definatly feel targeted themselves in a much higher fashion than now all across the world.

Donno though, hard to ignore whats happening, but then again, I'm just fed inturpretted "information" which in itself is just someone elses story. Another fucking issue to occupy our time, another fucking pointless fucking issue for our generation to overcome.
  6. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I don't think a real war with Iran will happen. (Although it's a close call.)

Why? Because, unlike Iraq or Afghanistan, Iran can fight back. They have the weapons and they have the organization.

I hope it doesn't come to pass.
  7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Korea would go nuke all over us if we shot at Iran
  8. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

Well guys, I know its not what you all want to hear but Iv lived in Kuwait, Iraq and on the Iranian boarder, and they all like britney spears more then we do! but really, these people are just like me and you, they are more developed then Iraq. The Iranians dont want a war any more then me or you. In the cities they are westernised and all over Iran they are far more liberal about dressing the women then in Iraq. Lets all live in peace, no need to go into Iran. People high up in our governments like to argue about rubbish, you know once i actully met a guy who fought for the iraqi army, and was shot by the iranians in the war they had. He was going into iran last year to do his shopping, he didnt have any hard feelings.
    People and soldiers are ALL gun woo about Iraq, lets go there and kill the enemy (please insert the enemys name of that year), untill they get there, and see just how NORMAL these people are, wearing football strips from most british teams, and asking them if they live next to david beckham... Then the pictures come home with them and kids, life isnt what hollywood make it out to be.

And for the record, China and Iran share submarines and techqnology.
  9. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Because an isolationist pseudo-communistic dictatorship in Asia really gives a shit about an Islamic Republic in the Middle East?
  10. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

naivety at its best! politics lad! politics!

Islam is often the word the west give to a group, its the same as saying im european.
    Im NOT, i am a yorkshireman, born and bred, englishman at best, yorkshireman in blood. You are categorizing people and generalizing, people in the middle east want the same as any man or woman, freedom and opportunity, the wes however poke the finger at their religion and make them out to be evil, its bollocks!
    i have many friends who are arabs and they are the same as us!
    although culture may be miles apart we all still want the same thing, tolerance is the key and however much the government use the word "tolerance" they dont give a fuck, they need us to be paranoid of each other, they want us to have hatred. remember the old roman adage "divide and conquer"
    war is a profitable business, peace is not.....guess what...................................................
    people are as greedy as ever and will play on anything to make keep their cushty lifestyles!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.