Drawing Straight Lines in your Mind

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by cie, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cie

cie Banned Member

Weird thread title, right?

When I'm talking to people I find myself tracing lines in my head and sometimes on my thumb/fingers. No idea why, but I do it. I also do it for no reason and at random times. It's a compulsion. When I do it, it's always two lines that are symmetrical across a horizontal axis.

Ever since my relapse I can't draw a straight line, not even mentally. I used to be somewhat aware that I did it, but since this happened it's become very obvious and confusing.

Here is an image, the top set of lines are what happens normally, as I became more and more aware of this oddity the second set of lines are what happen when I try to force them to go straight.

I can also no longer program. I understand the code, I can write the code, I just can't ever fix or troubleshoot it and if I attempt to my head hurts a lot.
  2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Maybe you're ability to maintain and focus has been a bit weakened. Are you ok with performing other tasks properly in singularly long intervals? Try thinking about your commitment to your own flow and making what you want.
  3. cie

cie Banned Member

No I'm not ok with performing other tasks, my mind works against me now.

It is not possible for me to make a straight line in my mind.

My focus is not weakened, but attempting to solve any problems causes my head to hurt.
  4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Well.. to put it mildly, you can't expect to run if you've broken you've just broken your leg. Perhaps you need to focus more on yourself rather than your ability to problem solve. Or you can do both, but inevitably if you are pulling from your core, and it's in pain, it's going to affect all of your attributes. IE problem solving.

Do you feel comfortable with yourself?(I'm not asking so you have to respond here, but it's something to gently query)
    In the end though, keep doing your thing. Even if it fucks up, keep at it, for your reasons until you're exceeding yourself
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.