Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Tell me, when things are going well, do you ever look over your shoulder and think something's terribly wrong, or will be terribly wrong. Do you have a sense of DREAD that your contentment will be taken away? That disaster is looming?

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the good moments I have. It's just that I fear the future. I fear misfortune. I've been thru so much already. Do I have strength to continue?
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I get that feeling too and usually, I'm right. Something does come along and ruins it. :rolleyes: But if things have come crashing down in the past it's not unusual for you to be expecting it. Just appreciate the good times and when it's going good enjoy it while you can. Never know, perhaps the good feeling you're having will last! :hug:
  3. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I guess you could say that about me. I don't know that I'd call it dread. Just the knowledge that everything is temporary. Happiness is high maintenance for most people. It isn't something that just comes out of nowhere and bestows itself upon everyone just because. You have to work for it and you still may not quite get it or it may not be everything you thought it would be.

But once you get there, you have to work to maintain it. That's where I generally fail. If I ever get to happy, I get lazy. I always fall back and thus, I know any happiness I ever achieve will always be temporary. The main thing that saves me is the fact that the periods of misery is as temporary as the periods of happiness. I know everything passes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.