Dreading Thanksgiving....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sc01706, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc01706

sc01706 Active Member

Well you guys can catch up on my story here http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=85013 but I've been unemployed for almost 4 months after getting fired from my only real job for lack of performance because I really didn't work too hard. I haven't been looking for a job and applied at only one job. Got a call and did a phone interview and blew it. My mom bitches at every thing I do and now her sister (my aunt) is coming over for Thanksgiving and she has been bitching at my mom about why I haven't gotten a job. (My aunt hasn't had a job in 20 years. She marries old people and collects government benefits when they die) I'm thinking it's ideal for me to just die before Thanksgiving because it's bad enough dealing with my mother.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So sorry to hear this...is there anything you can do to avoid being in that situation? I hope you get through it safely and know we will be here, even during the holidays...please PM me if I can help you...J
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

You could tell your aunt that she should be leading by example and getting a job for herself. It's easy to criticize someone for not having a job, but that person should also have one, otherwise it's like the pot calling the kettle black. Keep searching for a job. You'll get one eventually.
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Please don't let your aunt drive you to suicide. She has no right to do that. Why doesn't she just worry about her own damn life and mind her own business?

Instead of killing yourself, why not just go AWOL for Thanksgiving?

Hey, and come to think of it, maybe you could "find the true meaning of Thanksgiving", you know, finding something in life that you are truly thankful for and celebrate/enjoy that.

So, is there anything that you are thankful for?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.