Dream holiday

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by OnlyChild, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyChild

OnlyChild Member

Hello everyone, I wonder if I could get your advice. I've booked my dream holiday and need to commit and pay the deposit by Saturday. I've longed to do this for years, and now have enough money. Choosing it was very exciting, but at the moment I'm very very down, and because I'm down I'm getting cold feet. Do you think the holiday would cheer me up, or do you think that it's a waste of money to spend at a time I may not get the most out of it. I could wait and keep the money until life gets better. Or maybe this is what will make life better. I just don't know.....what do you think?

2. yous

yous Well-Known Member

DO NOT CANCEL THAT DREAM HOLIDAY. I felt down before. I mean real suicidal down, but I forced myself to go on a trip (just like you) and even though I might sometimes have been down during the trip, well heck it was something to do! Something to do other than mope around in my house feeling sad about myself. If you gonna be sad, do it elsewhere and it will at least lessen the frequency of being sad. I didn't say it would remove it completely, but it gives you something to look forward to, to do, and to reflect after you come back.

Have fun!:sparkle:

3. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Agreed Don't give it up. Especially if it's something you've wanted to do for a while. just think of how amazing it will be!!:Jumpy: best wishes :hug:

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Dang! Do it!
    XD
    If it's a dream of yours, I'm sure it will be worth it. Doing something you've always wanted to can give a person a whole new outlook on life!
    Take some time and try not to think about the money or your life back home-- have some fun and rest.

5. OnlyChild

OnlyChild Member

Thank you everyone for your good advice. So I'm off to the volcanoes and rainforests of Costa Rica then !!!

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Have a wonderful time and please post some pics for us...big hugs, J

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Have a good trip! I hope the excitement and beauty will help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.