dream or reality

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by necrodude, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

is it just me, or does this happen to anyone else? if i have a dream when i'm off my meds, it feels real. a few times i have gone to cut myself, because of whats happened in my dreams and my head is so messed up because i'm unmedicated. am i alone in this?
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have had very vivid dreams, possibly because of meds., but within a few seconds after waking I am fully aware that they were dreams. So, no...I have never acted upon a dream.
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

When I am really really down I get this, mainly because I am sleeping all of the time and the more I sleep, the more I confuse reality with my dreams and I have awoken and thought something was real when it wasn't also. It's pretty freaky. :|
    I'm off meds now, so I can't be sure if it happened whilst I was on them tbh. I'll be back on them soon though so I'll find out then I guess!
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

well i totally misread you post.I thought you meant you dreamed about going off your meds.
  5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I have extremely vivid dreams, meds or not, and they're worse when I'm unable to sleep well due to depression and anxiety. So much so that they do bleed into reality. That is to say, that sometimes it seems as if the two intermix, though I don't have hallucinations or anything (if that makes any sense). Dreams are reality or something, especially emotionally. These are what I call my "nightmares". But though they can emotionally upset me all day long (and reality can emotionally upset my dreams as well), I've never acted on a dream before. Even in my dreams I know I'm dreaming and can say, "Wow, I'm dreaming, let's see where this nightmare leads...." and choose to act or not on what's happening (or even consciously change it).
  6. MUtE

MUtE Well-Known Member

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm dreaming or if I'm awake.
    At times I think that when I'm awake I'm actually dreaming and when I'm dreaming, I'm actually trying to wake up, but can't. I'm not sure if this is what you ment but this is something I wonder sometimes.
  7. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

nearly. its like dreams mixing into reality. like feeling guilty in a dream then waking up and wanting to harm, or crying in your sleep etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.