Dream to live

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dreamtolive, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamtolive

dreamtolive Member

Hi, I am Danielle.

I have been having problems with wanting to kill myself. I have no support from my family and there is a big possibility that I need brain surgery. I am only in college and very overwhelmed with this decision. I am living on campus, but I have no idea how I am going to pay for the next semester and if I can't pay for it then I will not have anywhere to live. Finically I am struggling to survive and I am really sick so many times I think to myself, what's the point. I don't want to do this anymore. I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, bipolar, and psychosis. It seems like things are always getting worse and I just don't know what to do. I see a councilor twice a week, but that is going to have to stop soon because I can't afford it. I don't know what to do and I feel like there is no one there for me.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I am sorry things are so hard for you. Do you live in the US? Because if you do, then you will be given financial help to get insurance to pay for the therapist. yes? I have an idea. People here may be sick of me writing this. But I had good luck with it.So I do keep posting. If you do live in the US can you call United way and explain what you just said? Tell them the challenges. And that you are looking for someone someplace who can help you to get insurance subsidy so you can afford to keep going to your therapist.

I do not know what your first priority is. But it might seem that would be it. Even before figuring out how to pay for school. To keep that therapy stable if at all possible. Usually people can reach united way by calling 211. They have a huge database. If you do not have luck. call back at a different time. And speak with someone else.

I am glad you are here. This is a great community as far as I am concerned. We all have one thing in common. We currently or in the past suffer with pain and great challenge. Its a kind and caring community. And the management is wonderful. Really caring. Good people. For many people this is sort of a lifeline. I always hope people have support irl. Either way this place is a lifeline... for me. I do not know where I would be without this community. And believe me, I have tried way too many of them. Glad you are here. And Iam sorry things are so hard right now. here is something for you. I hope its okay to send it :hug:
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum.

hope it helps
  4. dreamtolive

dreamtolive Member

I know therapy is important, but I have been going to my therapist for a year and I don't want to change. She is amazing. No one else can even come close.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Danielle, I was not thinking of you changing therapists. Just trying to figure out how you could get insurance coverage so you can continue to see her. When someone has a relationship with their therapist. The trauma of thinking of discontinuing.... well you know. So I was thinking of what I wrote as a way to hopefully have a way to continue with her. Sorry I was not more clear. I have had to stop therapy with several people over my lifetime. Always a threat and traumatic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.