Dreaming Again

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

By taking allergy medicine i have been able to avoid dreaming for a while, but i didnt take the pills last night and dreamt again....

I was in a room, i was giving a speech, similar to when i gave my speech on teen suicide, but the audience wasnt just classmates, it was everyone who means anything to me... i told them of my difficulties, and the bullying ive had, the pain of being alone, the depression, the cutting and self harm, and that they accepted me for it, that nobody judged me and that it didnt make a difference on who people thought i was. I was so glad to get everything out, if not a little shaky, but glad....

when i woke up i cried for hours, because i know that will never happened, and it has stuck with me all day... i wish people could accept me as me, but the few people i have told about my cutting, seeing their faces, their shock, their hatred and anger towards it, i know that can never happen... and it hurts soo deeply...
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

But honey, it's so good that this is what you dreamed....... because you're in touch with your subconscious and this is the place where healing starts..........dreams are wonderful things (ok, not so sure about nightmares....). Personally, I've been helped a lot by some dreams I've had - and I keep a journal of them as encouragements.

Just because the scenario of what you dreamed can never happen in real life, means your subconscious has enacted it for you - it's trying to right the imbalance. It shows us that our "real life" with unaccepting people and their reactions is only real on the physical level....... Getting in touch with what is deeper is just as real - EVEN if the people we hope would be different in physical life do not change. Because we can live things spiritually in our dreams, they are valid for us, real for us, because it is how our subconscious believes they should be and is wanting to communicate this reality.

Not sure if I've made a lot of sense here, but just trying to express the truth about the value of dreams and their meaning. They are a means of self-awareness and acceptance :)