Dreams of abuse and rape

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by mixedemotions, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I was abused as a child, and I keep having nightmares that I am getting abused or raped..

the thing is, some times it is not even the person who abused me to start off with...

it can be total strangers who i see through out the day in the street. R some times the attacker doesnt even have a face.. they are just there attacking me.

What does this mean?

Can any one help?
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

My guess (i'm not trained or anything) would be that it's your unconscious mind trying to deal with the awful events that happened to you as a child. Have you got anyone, e.g. a therapist, who you're able to talk to about your dreams and experiences? I wonder if it would help.. of course we're here if you want to talk too

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

hey hun :hug: i'm sorry this is happening
    i don't know if this means anything, other than that you might have something stressful going on in your life at the moment which might trigger these nightmares.
    if you ever need to talk, i'm all ears :heart:
    good luck hun :hug::hug:
    laura x
  4. mixedemotions

I have a session with my pysc this afternoon. I am going to try bring the nightmares up with him. It seems really strange. i dont understand them at all.

I often have nightmares, but these ones are really bad. i hate them. i wake up wanting to die. i cant cope with them any more.
  5. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Sounds really scary.. i hope talking about them with your pscyh helps unravel them and eases their intensity :arms:
  6. mixedemotions

thanks every one.

only 3 hours to go b4 my session. meh

getting worked up about it
  7. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

how did your session go hun?
  8. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hope it went ok yesterday and you've got some better sleep :arms:
  9. mixedemotions

well i told my pysc about the dreams and some other stuff. i have been put on new meds... some thing to help me get to sleep easier and to get a better, deeper sleep..meaning less dreams r nightmares.

I cant wait :smile:
  10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hope it works hun :hug:
  11. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

That's good news.. hope they work :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.