• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Dreams of your own death

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

left behind

Last night i had a dream where my step-dad was beating the crap out of me so the first chance i got i ran away the first chance i got and went to a friends house. there was 4 people there playing a war game. they all ignored me isif i wasn't there. i looked at the screen and in the blink of an eye i was in the game. i dropped to the ground to avoid being shot. i could hear the bullets flying overhead. as i looked up i saw 3 soldiers charging towards me firing machiene guns. the ground was being shot up infront of me and the trail of bullets was coming towards me. then i was shot in the head and body about 5 times, my body was twiching uncontrolibly. my sight and hearing faded away and people fell around me. everything faded into black and then i woke up in a cold sweat.

in the past week i have been getting dreams of being killed (being hung, ripped apart by zombies) and in every dream i have felt completely helpless and death has felt inevitable. a part of me looks forward to these dreams. i have never had dreams of my own death before this week, and i have been told in the past that you cannot dream of your own death. if that is true then am i just fucked up? or are these dreams just my psyche attempting to free bad thoughts?

twilight

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you've been having these horrible dreams. I have also had dreams of my own death. I once even dreamed I committed suicide. I don't even remember it that well. All I remember is feeling scared and excited at the same time.

Dreams have never really been a positive experience for me either. I am sorry I can't be more help but there are some websites out there on dream analysis that would possibly help more than me.

Tahiti

I dreamt that I was killed by a massive tsunami! Isn't that a nice way to go? So dramatic and picteresque, with that sense of urgency...

Anyway, dreams are just dreams and they don't mean shit.

T

thinker

Although I don't really remember dreams anymore (probably because I just don't get much REM sleep these days), I do vividly remember several nightmares about my own death, the kind that it takes a while after you wake up for it to register it didn't actually happen.

Once when I was very young I had this gruesome dream about being shot up like swiss cheese and slowly bleeding to death.

Then there was another dream a few years ago where I was killed during an ATM robbery.

Then this past year I one of burning alive.

Each time when I could physically feel intense pain associated with the body parts involved when I woke up that took a while to go away...my mind has a way of making things I can visualize very real. In the case of burning alive, I had this kind of strong burning headache I've never had prior or since, so hot it was cold. The other times, I slowly went through a dying process that seemed so real it was unbelievable. Like I felt the heat sensations of the bullets, and could feel a wetness running down. I went through a process of losing consciousness, voices and sounds in the dream gradually fading away, drifting off into a darkness. When I was fully dead I would wake up.

Those things really shook me up for a while after because it had a similar kind of effect on me as if it had really happened.

Jimmy_Boeboe!

At least those dreams you didn't control.

What is worse is that I try to fall asleep while dreaming/thinking of my own death. It kind of calms me down. It makes me happy to sleep.

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" - line from the song Mad world.

Sadly this is right for me. Though we must not stop dreaming.

A

Aquariamethystea

At least those dreams you didn't control.

What is worse is that I try to fall asleep while dreaming/thinking of my own death. It kind of calms me down. It makes me happy to sleep.

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" - line from the song Mad world.

Sadly this is right for me. Though we must not stop dreaming.

The song Mad World is a very appropriate song for how I am about my life.
These dreams should come true and bring me the peace I desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00