Dreams of your own death

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by left behind, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. left behind

left behind Guest

Last night i had a dream where my step-dad was beating the crap out of me so the first chance i got i ran away the first chance i got and went to a friends house. there was 4 people there playing a war game. they all ignored me isif i wasn't there. i looked at the screen and in the blink of an eye i was in the game. i dropped to the ground to avoid being shot. i could hear the bullets flying overhead. as i looked up i saw 3 soldiers charging towards me firing machiene guns. the ground was being shot up infront of me and the trail of bullets was coming towards me. then i was shot in the head and body about 5 times, my body was twiching uncontrolibly. my sight and hearing faded away and people fell around me. everything faded into black and then i woke up in a cold sweat.

in the past week i have been getting dreams of being killed (being hung, ripped apart by zombies) and in every dream i have felt completely helpless and death has felt inevitable. a part of me looks forward to these dreams. i have never had dreams of my own death before this week, and i have been told in the past that you cannot dream of your own death. if that is true then am i just fucked up? or are these dreams just my psyche attempting to free bad thoughts?

2. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you've been having these horrible dreams. I have also had dreams of my own death. I once even dreamed I committed suicide. I don't even remember it that well. All I remember is feeling scared and excited at the same time.

Dreams have never really been a positive experience for me either. I am sorry I can't be more help but there are some websites out there on dream analysis that would possibly help more than me.

3. Tahiti

Tahiti Well-Known Member

I dreamt that I was killed by a massive tsunami! Isn't that a nice way to go? So dramatic and picteresque, with that sense of urgency...

Anyway, dreams are just dreams and they don't mean shit.

4. thinker

thinker Guest

Although I don't really remember dreams anymore (probably because I just don't get much REM sleep these days), I do vividly remember several nightmares about my own death, the kind that it takes a while after you wake up for it to register it didn't actually happen.

Once when I was very young I had this gruesome dream about being shot up like swiss cheese and slowly bleeding to death.

Then there was another dream a few years ago where I was killed during an ATM robbery.

Then this past year I one of burning alive.

Each time when I could physically feel intense pain associated with the body parts involved when I woke up that took a while to go away...my mind has a way of making things I can visualize very real. In the case of burning alive, I had this kind of strong burning headache I've never had prior or since, so hot it was cold. The other times, I slowly went through a dying process that seemed so real it was unbelievable. Like I felt the heat sensations of the bullets, and could feel a wetness running down. I went through a process of losing consciousness, voices and sounds in the dream gradually fading away, drifting off into a darkness. When I was fully dead I would wake up.

Those things really shook me up for a while after because it had a similar kind of effect on me as if it had really happened.

5. I have had dreams where my family has plotted to murder me. Scary dreams.:sad:

6. Jimmy_Boeboe!

Jimmy_Boeboe! Well-Known Member

At least those dreams you didn't control.

What is worse is that I try to fall asleep while dreaming/thinking of my own death. It kind of calms me down. It makes me happy to sleep.

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" - line from the song Mad world.

Sadly this is right for me. Though we must not stop dreaming.

7. The song Mad World is a very appropriate song for how I am about my life.
    These dreams should come true and bring me the peace I desire.

8. Jimmy_Boeboe!

Jimmy_Boeboe! Well-Known Member

The same here with me.
    But I've stopped listening to it, not only does it bring tears to my eyes, my heart starts aching because of it too.

9. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Death doesn't always mean a bad things. It also means change. Transition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.