Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chibi, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chibi

Chibi New Member

im new here and i was wondering if it was ok to want to not wake up?

recently i often find that my dreams are far better than my waking life could ever be and upon waking i endevur to stay in bed for the day ( often missing lecutres or labs at uni to do so) i know it isn't really right and that eventually i'll fail my degree but i just cant help it...

i hate how my life i and when i wake up the only thing that i want to do is be back in the dream where people love me and everything is ok...

is this normal??
  2. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Hiya, Chibi! Welcome to the forums!

As for not wanting to wake up, I find that to be perfectly normal. It's a perfectly rational feeling not to want to wake up in the mornings...ESPECIALLY if you are going through a difficult period in your life and everything seems to be going wrong.

The thing is...You have to go on in life. Things will start to look up. Maybe try seeking help if you feel that your waking life is too difficult?

Always here if you want to talk! PM me any time! :)
  3. crzykidshanana

crzykidshanana Well-Known Member

It tends to happen to me, too. Sometimes...sleeping is a great escape for what lies outside of your dreams.

Dreams are often so amazing n' wonderful that the idea of leaving them is hard. But, the important thing to remember is that they're only dreams; you create your own amazing scenerios.

However, it's often hard to come to terms with this. The best thing that I've found to do is to find something that will inspire you. Reward yourself for waking up, for attending class, for the little things in life that will allow you to succeed in whatever it is that you intend on doing.

If you find this troublesome, I suggest possibly seeing a therapist n' discussing things further?
  4. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i know exactly how you feel. although with me i dont want to go to sleep cus of how gutted i am when i wake.

i guess what im trying to say is you are not abnormal and certainly not alone in feeling like this, if that is any comfort at all?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.