Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by poisonedresistance, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Am i alone?

For the longest time i thought i had got over my past, then the dreams started.

i have always been able to control my dreams, even to the point of lucid dreaming and even flying on occasion.

Now i close my eyes and i see him, every time it gets worse,not just my past, new things, inventive scenarios building in my mind, things that never happened, never took place are manafesting in my night terrors.

i hate closing my eyes, infact i rarely do it now without a drink to dull my senses.

why now? why these dreams? why can i not control them anymore??
  2. katy101

katy101 Active Member

your not alone. I have tortured dreams every night of my rapist and abuser and I also see him every time I close my eyes. This is my first post about this ever, and I dont what to say too much more about it because its so upsetting.
    I dont know how to stop the dreams either but im there with you. in understanding that pain.
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I thought time was supposed to be a great healer, yet these dreams just seem to get worse.
    Each one more detailed than the last, each more terrifying than the last.
    Its been years, literaly since i had dreams like this, now they are common place.
    I cant stand going to sleep anymore.
  4. Daisy

Daisy Active Member

You defiinately not alone! I have the same problem with sleeping. For a while the dreams went away and I was fine but then they randomly showed back up again. For me, I think it helps to journal or try to figure out what has brought the dreams back.

I hope you can sleep soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.