Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by valkyr, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valkyr

valkyr Member

Has anyone ever had one of those vivid dreams where something really nice happens, and you actually feel happy/contented/positive and generally amazing, and then you wake up and slowly realise that what you were dreaming of isn't real, and before you even know it, that familiar dark cloud has drawn back over you?
  2. bearonb

bearonb New Member

I've been feeling like this everyday.

I actually have nightmares. and I wake up with my heart racing with a dark cloud already covering me. I've been feeling like this for the past 6 months.
  3. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I get these sorts of dreams every now and then. And yes, it makes me feel like absolute crap after waking up from them.

Of course, my first reaction is usually to try to go back to sleep and pick up where the dream left off, but I usually can't fall asleep again at this point, and even when I do, I end up dreaming something completely different :sad:
  4. morgan

morgan Well-Known Member

I have those sorts of dreams all the time and they're much better than the dreams where I wake up crying or screaming. I hate when I can't really remember what happened so I'm left with this fleeting feeling of warmth. The best is when I can absolutely recall everything and carry that dream with me for the rest of the day :)
  5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Every now and then I'll have a 'happy' dream. But I haven't had a dream for a while..I don't actually remember having one for a long time. And for some reason I remember something my mum said a very long time ago when I was a kid, something like "If you don't have dreams you must be dead".....:unsure:.

Most of my dreams are usually terrifying...I think I watched to many horror movies about werewolves and spirits. The graphics in the movies these days are so real-like :eek:hmy:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.