Drinking Issues mmm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LetItGo, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I basically want to drink all the time right now, Ive always enjoyed drinking, on a saturday night or just a few at home. Always kept it under pretty tight reign as well, since I know my old man has had a drinking problem his entire life basically...Its in the genes.

Doesnt make it any better the fact that I can drink without getting a hangover either. Basically i just want to drink and blot out my brain from thinking about anything much cause everything just seems like a lost cause. Can seriously see me drinking heavy on a daily basis again when I start getting some more money coming in.

I like it, I enjoy it, always have, always will....
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ah well perhaps its what you need at the mo Matt, know sometimes I just drink so I can sleep. however, I always have a hangover and I get an upset stomach to boot, so you're one up on me.
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

you only think it blots out your brain from thinking when in fact ur mind is in overdrive..cuz you talked to me for 2 hours alst night and you remember none of it so ...easy on the booze..ur killin ur body whether u see it or not.
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Same here I cried and balled for hours with you lastnight so muc you couldn't make out what I was saying. That's something you don't forget easily, or atleast you'd think. You know what I think aboiut it, you know you need to cut back sweetie, you are digging yourself deeper and deeper, I dunno if you can see it, but I can. Please, please please cut back. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
  5. blub

blub Guest

Ok I'm sorry, but fuck you matt, thats so naive. Do you really think you still like this when you've found a job and you will get fired because of that. And than you will still have a drinking problem, but worser, no money, you might gonna steal, end up on the street or in jail. Or maybe you'll even start to hurt yourself or others because you blot out your brain. I dont know, this is serious, ok, some drinking during the week is fine, but you have to watch out, you need to watch out, because it can so fucking destroy you, and maybe you dont care, but i care a hell of a lot about you.
  6. ~CazzaAngel~

Alot of people care Matt. You may not now but we do, and you need to straight your shit up hun, because if you don't it will only get worse. You said you wanted so many things to happen, but while you are sitting on your arse drinking and canceling your appts with your therapist and not getting your meds, how the hell can you get better things if you are sabatauging yourself? you have to get a grip. PLEASE YOU CAN'T CONTINUE THIS IT WILL GET WORSE AND WORSE.
  7. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Alcohol is a depressant. That makes it potentially lethal for suicidal people. The after effects of alcohol consumption heavily outweigh any short lived feelings of euphoria. There is no glory in alcoholism. Only a bottomless pit. All the best.
  8. Terry

You aint going to your appointments!!!! :mad:

Matt!! Carolyn is absolutely right..you need to get your shit together !!!!

Start taking your meds and get to your bloody appointments!!

Buzz me if you need an ear.
  9. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Actually, ive been taking my meds consistantly for 3 weeks almost, every day, I missed one appointment...and rescheduled..
  10. Terry

our bad :sad: good man :hug:
  11. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

u now have to pat him on hte head and give him a cookie :tongue:
  12. ~CazzaAngel~

Yeah but one night you said you didn't think you were going to continue to do therapy and you'd probably stop your meds once you ran out, dunno if you were drunk or not but I do remember this. Another thing is if you drink alcohol on a daily basis it will wash the anti-depressants out of your system. Just letting you know.
  13. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hun, ull be soo much better of when you can be without drinking. Rely on your shrink and therapists they will help you,
    sending caring thoughts,
  14. zusanna

zusanna Active Member

i also try to drink every night. i turn 21 at the end of the month, and then things will really start to go downhill. i'm looking forward to it.
  15. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Matt, Maybe if you got on some Good Meds you wouldnt need to drink all the time.
  16. Mandeemoo

Mandeemoo Member

There always used to be those commercials where they would say that you didn't need to drink to have a good time at a party, but I have found that that is totally not true.
  17. Raven

Raven Guest

Not drink to have a good time? Its true, nothing better then watching the people around you sober when they are drunk.
  18. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Im even getting sink of drinking now...jesus when that happens, thats really sad...theres no joy anymore in anything.
  19. AloneInTheDark

AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

I know the feeling, I have the same problem most the time. Constantly want to drink. It's hard to get away from, as it's so socially accepted. I try to cut down where I can, but I can't honestly say I will never drink again.

I just suggest keeping yourself occupied with something else to take ur mind off drink, like go play a sport wiht mates insted of going for a drink, or go watch a movie instead of going to a pub, bar or club...

Hope it helps,
  20. dying2die

dying2die Well-Known Member

I'm not writing this to encourage you... I just want you to know that I feel the same way. I haven't made it a day without at least 4 drinks in a week. its wrong... I can tell you that drinking will only complicate your life even more, as it has mine. it sounds like you need to cut back. every one that has responded seems to really care about you... I don't know you and especially with your family history... I worry. be safe!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.