Drinking Issues

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by coder90t, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coder90t

coder90t Active Member

I get very stressed easily. All I have revolved around in life is school, then work, going home. Now, I just have been drinking allot more alcohol and I'm starting to get addicted. I was really addicted when I was around 16, and now it's just coming back and I don't know how to stop it. I don't want to go to some fucking center to fix my problems. I just need some help.
  2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Well, can you fill your free time with a hobby that is fun when you're sober? Or go to a doctor and get some tranquilizers(if you're under stress) that will lessen the urges for alcohol or maybe even realize you don't need to drink.

You can be stronger than the habit is-it has no control over you-it's just there. Use your willpower to stop yourself. Think of the negatives(liver damage, hangovers) like brain damage or horrible addiction where you need it just to function normally.

TC I know you can do it. :yes:
  3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Exactly. I've been there and it's a place you don't ever want to visit. I would steer WAY of the tranqs like Klonopin or Valium because then you are asking for more trouble.

Coder, you're at a point where you can see the trouble coming and are able recognize it. I don't care which way to choose to quit but don't 'dally'. It's a slippery slope.

4. Ahrimar

Ahrimar Well-Known Member

Drinking is BAD! It can take away things in life that make you free... Especially if you drive everywhere. I lost my license and for the last week i've been couped up in my house, and im hella bored.

Watch it. Don't let yourself buy alcohol anymore. Every time you want a drink, drink something that you hate. Maybe pour it into a bottle of vodka? That kinda helped me....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.