Drinking keeps me sane dumb hey

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by spidy, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Payday and im at the bottlo know i cant afford it but alcohol and nothing go together.To sit and get pissed by myself seems to help pss the time but i know i have to watch what mood im in as i know if im really low i will attempt or cut rapidly.I had a joint few weekends ago tht did me no good as i thght everyone in the room was planning something against me all the bad thghts were in my head strong as ever and never been so paranoid had to leave couldnt handle it and wasnt much better when i hit the street.Dont seem to get that so bad from drinking sometimes a few ales helps me thnk of some of the good old days.Seems to be my medicine but i know its a depressive too which dosnt stop me from drinking.I have cut down heaps as i used to get pissed every nght now just weekends or every second week on payday.I do use it too when im rght down which is dangerous because i dont plan i act.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu use alcohol to help you cope but you know your not stupid it is not a good coping mechanism. It is a depressant first off sure makes you feel good at first but then it brings you down big time. I am glad to see you cut back some and hopefully this mental health nurse will help you find better coping skills. Maybe get into a rehab to try to get off booze totally as it only affects what medication you are taken thus why you are unstable. I hope allworks out with your mental health nurse

3. stanelyshane

stanelyshane New Member

I use the alcohol as the medicine not as the enjoyment. When I suffered by the cold then to open the vain of the nose to comfort to get the breath. Another thing is that alcohol is helpful in the stone problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.