Drinking yay yay

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by 1crazysunshine, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmmmm, so I got drunk last night with a friend for the first time and I totally loved it, totally. I told myself that'd be the first and last time, but I liked it so much that I already want to do it again. Sorta started planning too. Idk I guess I'm a little scared Ill end up doing this too often or depending on it. . .
  2. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Wait til you start waking up in your own puke...that's no fun. Or at the very least, spend the night with your head in the toilet. I know it seems fun at first, but sooner or later, you'll start to realize why people try to do it in moderation.
  3. Lizzy95

Lizzy95 Member

Trust me, drinking is fun and okay but drinking every weekend is bad. And never, never drink alone. It's a terrible addiction. I'm 90 days clean of substance abuse, yet I have drank a little with friends. I count those 90 days because I wasn't abusing it. Try to learn the difference without experiencing it the hard way.
  4. betterweather

betterweather New Member

I used to love everything about drinking, from being pleasantly buzzed to can't remember wasted. And I really didn't have many physical side affects at first. I would drink to feel happy or to not feel at all. I drank because it made my sad thoughts go away. But after about a year I became physically dependent, which sucks. I spent most of August and September trying to wean off and going thru withdrawal. And at this point, being drunk mostly just increases my suicidal tendencies because those thoughts are already so strong in my head and being drunk makes me super impulsive.

Alcohol can be really nice in moderation. If you want help learning to moderate and drink responsibly, I recommend www.moderation.org That group really helped me through my withdrawal and still helps me make better plans around drinking.
  5. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with enjoying having a drink. It's just that some of us can't keep it under control and it becomes a problem. Hopefuly you won't be the same and can continue to enjoy it in moderation.
  6. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

yeah and try not to get too fucked up or else someone is going to try and take advantage of you.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sometimes I wonder if I'll get addicted because alcohol and drug problems run in my blood. But I know enough when to stop...so far anyway.
  8. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I've got a family line of alcoholics and heavy smokers however so far I've managed to control drinking when I'm at special occasions. Because I know my limit at least at the moment... I'm still 18 so I can't legally drink - however I've done it at Canada during one of my cousins weddings - which I consider a special occasion... It was mostly wine so it wasn't heavy alcohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.