drinking ******

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by acidrain, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acidrain

acidrain New Member

hi, sorry this is my first post here but i dont know what else to do
    all i can think about is <mod edit-gentlelady-methods>. its all i want to do. i know i have enough to kill me and i want to do it now. part of me wants to stop and take a step back and not do it, the other just wants to down the whole bottle. i don't know who to talk to and i'm so scared of tomorrow, i can't let tomorrow come, this is all i can do.
    please help. i don't know what to do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain to want to do this. I personally have felt similarly (I wanted to take a huge OD for ages) but I'd be drinking spirits to compensate for that urge.

It's good that you've talked about what you want to do instead of doing it and I really hope you get in touch with people in your life to help you through this time. Do you have a crisis team or mental health team or therapist?

Drinking ****** is going to mean you will be in a tremendous amount of physical pain and you most probably will go to A+E where they'll treat you (I just looked this up and it seems vomiting is a bad idea) and you might have irreversible internal damage/die.

Do you want to talk about why you're feeling so awful you want to poison/harm yourself? Is something frightening happening tomorrow?
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Drinking ****** will almost certainly NOT kill you but will mess up your insides, possibly permanently. The first thing you should do is contact your dr asap and tell them how bad you are feeling, whether that is your gp or A&E, or a therapist/psychiatrist if you have one. Whatever you do keep talking here.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Please do not do this! You will just end up injuring and maming yourself. Let's talk about WHY you want to do this. Please talk to us.
  5. troubledprincess

troubledprincess Well-Known Member

please dont do it talk to your dr or A&E
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Don't do it, it's unlikely it would work, and if it didn't you could be left with serious long term injuries that would make your life so much worse. Go to your local doctor or hospital, or call a hotline, tell them how you are feeling, and see if you can get some help. :hug:
  7. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Drinking ****** will just make you violently ILL! Not dead.

Don't do it. It's not worth it. Find help. You are on the right board. Many of us understand what you are going through. I struggle with suicidal feelings all the time.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello acidrain and welcome to the forums.

Please don't act on your thoughts.
    Instead,talk to us about why you want to do this? We will support you and try and help :hug:
  9. acidrain

acidrain New Member

Hi again, I'm really grateful for everybody's support - when I posted the above message I was very distressed and I wasn't really thinking. Sadly I did drink it last night, and I was very ill, ended up in A&E. I've been told there's no lasting damage, which is good, but I'm sorry if I made anybody worried or upset with the thread, I just wasn't thinking straight at the time. Thank you for all your help, even though I didn't see it til today.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you will have no long term effects from what you did. Also glad that you are still with us. I hope you are able to come to terms with the hurt and despair and can begin the healing process. please take care and stay safe. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.