Driving Test

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Fdt, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Fdt

Fdt Well-Known Member

Failed my driving test yesterday :(, am so upset about it. It is the only thing I actually had looked forward to in the last 2 months, I know it sound stupid, but I really wanted a chance to achieve something for myself that was completely down to me.

Cars and driving are the only things I care about, they are the only real incentive I still have to live and if I can't succeed at what I take most interest in then how hard am I going to fail at everything else.

I know it may seem like a trivial problem that can be fixed when I take the test again, but when all I've been doing in my spare time is learning about driving and focusing my whole life on preparing to pass my test it seems pretty pathetic when others can pass first time without taking 1/10 of the interest I took in it - as I said, it's the only thing I had to look forward to.

Worst bit was when I had to tell my dad and he phoned up the restaurant he was going to take me to and cancelled our table because there was no point in celebrating me failing, then my brother ridiculed me for the rest of the night about how I was shit, so I went to bed crying and woke up this morning feeling so bad that I couldn't go to college.

Just sucks that I get so upset over something that wouldn't matter much in a normal person's life.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No it is normal to be disappointed you really wanted this Lots of people fail the first time around now you know what you need to practise on you will get it next time I don't know many people who do get it first time around Keep trying and keep positive okay

3. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Only once? I failed it 4 times! :chopper:

4. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

But made it in my fifth attempt :1st:

5. Jemi200

Jemi200 Well-Known Member

Don't expect everything to go as planned. Sometimes something so in-your-face happens that either fucks up or enlightens your life in a matter of seconds.