Dropping another course

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by aoeu, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't think I can handle this. I started the semester taking 2 history courses, and I dropped one a while ago, and I think I need to drop my next one. I can't deal with essays... And I've got a presentation to give in class tomorrow, which I'm by no means prepared for. I mostly want to get drunk tonight...

The drop deadline is past. I think I could successfully drop it, anyhow, since that was only last week and I've been getting good grades in the course, and I would have my psychiatrist's written approval.

I don't want to do this. I've never dropped a course in my life... I can't handle school anymore, even though I have all the free time in the world!

I'm having goddamn seizures I'm under so much stress. I don't see any solution to my life, since it's not even school causing stress.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with your schoolwork.

If you really don't want to drop the course, is there any way you can give the presentation tomorrow? Even if it isn't your best work, since you said you've been doing okay so far, one mediocre or bad grade shouldn't bring down your grade too much.

If you want to talk at all, feel free to PM me. I just dropped my first college class this semester too, so I can relate a bit to that.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I have to find a book that talks about this chapter, and then I have to explain and compare them - and then I have to do the actual presentation, which terrifies me.

But that's not the big problem. The essay is due in 15 days... In that time, I have to read two massive books, and understand them, and produce a 10 page essay comparing them to my text. I think I could do it, but I know I ultimately will not get it done.

And the final has two essay questions. I've never written a college-level essay before... I can't cope with this.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe if you didnt drink so much, you would be able to focus on your schoolwork. :burp:

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hiya,

My father once told my sister that he thinks I'm an alcoholic. She told him that I use alcohol as a coping tool for whenever I become angry. The point is, clearly other people have a difficult time deciphering anything you do, however, it's always a good idea to make sure you're not too favorable to the hooch.

I'm sorry to hear school's so tough. Talking with a counselor about the stress of school always helped me. There's also tons of history tutors out there that will be happy to help you. As to college essays, well, they're a breeze. Firstly, you are given leeway because you'll be writing in class and not over a day or two. Secondly, if you're nervous, you can practice a few essay questions on your own.

If you feel you have to drop, then drop. Best of luck,

James.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.