Drowning in guilt

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by myrobotfriend, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myrobotfriend

myrobotfriend Member

So I have a suicidal friend who has a long history of suicide attempts. Recently she has spent 5 months in hospital, after many many suicide attempts and trying to find herself help.

She's been out for about 3 months and recovering, on medication. She's back on it again though.

Today I told her I was going away on vacation for 4 days. She freaked out, said there was nothing left to live for without me here, and said that she was going to buy a bottle of pills. I haven't heard from her since.

I had to be sent home from work because I was crying on the job. I just.. it's been hours and nothing.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You have no reason to feel guilty.

I'm so sorry that your friend is in so much distress but it sounds like she is trying to guilt trip you or manipulate you into doing what she wants you to do, which is stay.

What I would suggest doing is to get together a list of places she can go for help, and send them to her, and then give her some space to allow her to work through this.

You've not done anything wrong. Its great that you are having a holiday and she should be able to understand that, even if its scary for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.