• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Drowning in the dark

I have had suicide on my mind for the longest time. The thought is always there, but I actually have never thought about planning it all out. Yesterday, I finally came up with a plan. It gave me the biggest sense of relief. I kind of smiled about having something to look forward to. It’s a feeling I haven’t felt in a long time. I’m not here looking for help, I’m desperately searching for people who can relate. I finally have to admit that I hate feeling so alone. No one in my life understands depression & anxiety. I have tried talking to my family, my boyfriend and my friends. But everyone either gets really sad, tries to cheer me up and immediately changes the subject, or tells me to go exercise or something. No one wants to hear that I’m severely depressed and suicidal. I hate bearing these terrible feelings alone.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
have you talked to your doctor about these feelings? with the right treatment you may be able to get better , at least a little. keep talking because we are listening and we do care.....mike...*hug*shake

Hi. Welcome to the forums @Fragilelimbs. I'm sorry you're feeling this bad. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. Being suicidal sucks.

Suicide is never the answer. And as @1964dodge points out, there are plenty of options for treatment - from therapy to medication. A good place to start is by talking to a doctor. In the meantime, there are lots of people here to talk to and you will likely find some who relate to what you are going through. Would you like to say more about what is making you feel so bad?

Stay safe. I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *brohug.

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
Hello and welcome, I agree with the advice given, a talk with your doctor is the first step, there are many treatments that may be available and you can find support from many here.

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
lol ty no matter what my brain says i know its not time yet knowing that i actually have the courage to end it all at any time, gives me reason to live. its the feeling of getting a bad haircut knowing that your hair will grow back and waiting for it to grow back rather than going to a salon and shaving it all off

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00