Drowning my sorrows!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nezumiceplak, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nezumiceplak

nezumiceplak Member

So drinking propa helps
    even though now i just feel shit for having to rely on something
    there'd be no pain when you're drunk, right?
    be much better...

2. yuop

yuop Member

I don't know about that, Alcohol can make people do bad things sometimes

3. nezumiceplak

nezumiceplak Member

thats the point
    i dont want to kill myself
    but pain really helps
    but its easier when you're drunk to self harm and stuff

4. theplaya

theplaya Well-Known Member

it still would hurt

5. Jess

Jess Guest

Drinking isn't going to numb you to the point where you're not going to feel pain you inflict upon yourself. And if it does then you're going to have a hell of a morning tomorrow. Alcohol is a depressant as I'm sure everyone knows.. so please please be careful.

Hope you're ok

6. nezumiceplak

nezumiceplak Member

yeah I know
    but it seems to help you feel better
    coz it makes you forget
    makes everything easier

7. yuop

yuop Member

I think I could consider myself an alcoholic, I drink way to often, and it puts me in a worse place

8. justsomeguy

justsomeguy Active Member

I've been drinking a lot more for the past year and as pathetic as it sounds, it's the only thing I look forward to so I'll keep on drinking.

I mean, even though I've seen drinking get out of hand for other people I've never been bad drunk; I don't drink and drive, start fights or have blackouts and I usually feel more like eating pizza when I'm drunk as opposed to doing myself in.

If you're going to drink thinking that it'll help you get the courage to end yourself I think you'll be disappointed. If you're going to drink to numb the pain and you're a bad drunk then you're just going to make yourself feel worse when you do stupid things when you're drunk, which will begin the bad drinker cycle.

Bad Drinker Cycle goes something like this

1 depressed - let's have a drink
    2. oops! did something really stupid when I was drunk
    3. hmmm...I should have some more drinks to forget that stupid thing I did when I was drunk
    4. rinse and repeat

9. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Drinking doesn't solve anything, it can only create a new problem. Yes you don't feel the pain etc it's not a healthy way to deal with your problems. You will feel better if you actively seek outside help. Why do you drink, why do you feel suicidal? If you want to talk we are here for you. I also suggest you talk to someone in real life, like a friend/relative or a doctor. Take care of yourself.

10. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Not a good thing. I've come to rely on this poison too much. At first it may deaden the pain, but in time it will amplify it. You'll be likely to do things you wouldn't do sober. Cutting becomes far easier. Suicide is a pull of a trigger. I have to get up and go to work in three hours and I'm still drinking. Don't become what I've become. Stop, please. It's a deadly illness. Please stop. :cry:

11. onenineteen

onenineteen Antiquities Friend

I don't look to drink every night, but I can't stop at one drink and feel I need more. Generally, until there's none available. I suppose that classifies as binging. I do feel better for a while but then when the alcohol runs out I am still left with the thoughts that drove me to it in the first place.

12. justsomeguy

justsomeguy Active Member

I don't look to drink every night either.

Although, when I posted my last response in this thread I think I drank everyday for four or five days straight. No, I'm not a sloppy drunk. I didn't miss work or do anything stupid when I was drinking. I was just drinking at night.

Anyways, I went all last week without touching a drop of booze. I felt so shitty and depressed that I couldn't even get my ass to the beer store. I finally went and got some beer yesterday and had a bunch. I had a bunch today aswell.

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I wonder how long it will last.

13. blackening

blackening Well-Known Member

I always seem to end up turning to drink when im at my worst, and its kinda dumb for me since after i've had a few i tend to dwell on things more and they bother me more than when im sober 'cause my imagination goes into overdrive, so then i end up drinking more and more to try and stop thinking, usually until i pass out. If im honest i can be a VERY shitty drunk, getting into arguments etc, but not when i'm down, ironically its more when im actually enjoying myself, as for using it as an anaesthetic when cutting, im not sure its a good idea, as i think i heard that alcohol thins the blood, meaning that if you slip 1 time or go too deep you may end up in a spot of bother, which i dont think is what you want judging by your posts.

alcohol isnt the answer to any problem (except a sure way to lighten things up at a party) but its the cause of many.

know your limits and dont over-do it ok :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.