Dr's Take Notice

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozinuk, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Well it's about time dr's are finally taking notice. I have spent the last 8 days in hospital recovering from another heart attack and they have complied with my wishes NO LIFE SAVING TREATMENT (along with a DNR on a medi alert pendant and card) just observation. I can now be happy in the knowledge that when the time comes I will be left to leave this god forsaken place with no interference from my wife or the medical staff to prolong life. Now I sit back and wait.

2. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Um.... ok.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:(

I've been wondering if you were okay. Glad to see you around.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

What else can they do but give you what you want and then who will tell your wife and family that it is you that decided not to fight to stay here with them. Good one it will still hurt them just as much and now they will have to sit and wait for the inevitable too along with you. I hope you can stand to watch their suffering.

5. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Only one person here knows what I'm talking about and I have gone past the point of explaining my reasons and because of that I can stand and watch the suffering as others have watched mine. Selfish maybe, inconsiderate maybe that as well, I might be a lot of things but judgemental I'm not. I have been judged and will continue to be judged by people like you and others who don't know me or my circumstance but I will not judge them that is up to God not me. There's that old saying don't judge some one until you've walked a mile in their shoes well it still applies today. Maybe I wouldn't be so F***ed up if did judge people.:throw:

6. WildCherry

Quote:
    What else can they do but give you what you want and then who will tell your wife and family that it is you that decided not to fight to stay here with them. Good one it will still hurt them just as much and now they will have to sit and wait for the inevitable too along with you. I hope you can stand to watch their suffering.

There are times when some of those very same people you mentioned are the ones who have contributed to a person's pain and suffering.

7. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Geez why are people being so fucking judgemental. If the OP's wishes are DNR, then thats his right. Doctors have to obide by his wishes, and I'm sure you didn't make this choice lightly.

Who's body is it? yours. Who's life is it? yours, who's CHOICE is it? yours. Don't let anyone apart from you be the judge of what is right for you.

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:agreed:

9. WildCherry

Quote:
    Geez why are people being so fucking judgemental. If the OP's wishes are DNR, then thats his right. Doctors have to obide by his wishes, and I'm sure you didn't make this choice lightly.

Who's body is it? yours. Who's life is it? yours, who's CHOICE is it? yours. Don't let anyone apart from you be the judge of what is right for you.

Agreed 100%. Nobody here, or anywhere else, has the right to judge, because none of us have been in that exact situation.

10. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I try to make sense of all negative opinions and comments people seem to have about me, take Mary's comment she doesn't know me but she's already come to that conclusion it's funny how first impressions are usually lasting impressions so the only conclusion I can reach is everybody who comes into contact with me can't be all wrong. Dignitas have told me I don't meet the required criteria so now I'm looking at the solution right here in front to me something that will change all those negatives into positives remove the bad apple before it ruins the rest of the barrel so to speak. I need time to think I need time to work out what to say. Small Towns that's what it's all about.:unsure:

11. WildCherry

You're not the "bad apple," and not everyone has a negative opinion of you. But I've noticed, just from my own personal experience, that you can't make sense out of most negative opinions and comments. I've tried in the past, but I learned to ignore a lot of the negativity, because it usually comes from people who haven't bothered to take the time to really get to know me. And if people actually put forth some effort to get to know you, they'd see that you are FAR from a bad apple.

And you're right; small towns are great. :) In the town my grandmother lives in, there are still Amish people who don't use electricity. I couldn't live like that because I'd go through Internet withdrawal, but the concept is an intriguing one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.