drugs poll

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mortdesinos, Jun 7, 2008.

Do you think drugs have drugs impacted your wellbeing?

1. yes- even without being addicted to any of them

9 vote(s)
  2. yes- I've been addicted

19 vote(s)
  3. no- I would been in just as bad shape if I had never used them

7 vote(s)
  4. ..never tried them

7 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Do you think illegal drugs have had a negative effect on your wellbeing?
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Depends on the person.
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i voted "yes, been addicted" 'cos i was in rehab for drug use, back in my 20s. maybe if i had a more stable childhood i wouldn't have gone overboard with use... i dunno.

i agree, depends on the person... it's more about the person rather than the type of drug (legal or illegal...)
  4. poeticdistortion

poeticdistortion New Member

I think they have had a positive affect on me, i drink to numb every thing, and smoke pot to just shut down, centre myself and chill out, not every day just when i need it, which more are more is becomeing most days.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think illegal drugs have had an effect on my well being even though I have never been a user. They have claimed the lives of friends, contributed to violence in society, helped to increase the costs of medical treatment, etc. So many negatives for the few positives. Even those things considered positive by many users, in reality are not positive. They cause other underlying problems and issues that must be faced. So yes, they do have an effect in a negative way.
  6. ibetam

ibetam Well-Known Member

i think drugs are like any technology we use today; a useful and eay tool, but they take something from us in the process of using them. you don't learn how to chop wood if you use a chainsaw. tam
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.