Drugs you've taken?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Evo_L, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

Is anyone here dependent on any illegal drugs or use drugs to help with the blues?

I used to do quite a bit of coke, ecstasy and LSD. Used to really help with my depression, then came the come downs, :sad: which were pretty horrible. So I couldn't handle them anymore at all.

Some people blame my depression on drugs, my parents blame it all on the drugs. They said I changed when I started taking them, which isn't untrue, people can undergo a personality change through taking such drugs, but they don't realise it was the depression that drove me to the drugs, not the other way around.

They certainly helped for a bit but I wouldn't recommend it.

2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Cocaine, pills, ketamine, meth, weed, barbs, benzos. Where do I end?

Ps) I think this is in the wrong section.

3. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see if it goes a bit hand-in-hand. The self destructive elements play a big part in it.

4. flclempire

flclempire Well-Known Member

thats the exact reason i do not do any drugs, i am me and wish to remain me, if i change into someone else the old me is practically dead and if i want the old (current) me dead ill do it the right way :cool:

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Drugs are like self harm to me in the sense that I do it to feel better. Everybody does things to try and make themselves feel better, don't they?

6. bono

bono Well-Known Member

Celexa and desipramine both are anti-depressants. There going to turn me into an alcoholic. Drinking is more fun when you get really messed up. I suppose that why the both come with a warning not to drink alcohol.

~Bono the uppity Canadian with a floppy head and beady little eyes

7. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

Many, I'm not very well as a result, drugs are bad mm,kay? :p
    but as Ive said before, I miss it all very much some times, like now.
    sometimes, I just want to drown in the warmth of them.

8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

valium (might have been fake i didnt feel much), ecstasy, salvia (fucking crazy), and LOTS of weed.

9. John6491

John6491 Well-Known Member

Lets see.... weed, shrooms, and ecstasy and thats all (for now)

10. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I've used a lot of drugs to try and help me feel better about things.
    I am a recovering heroin addict, and I would really just self medicate with it because it would "make every problem go away" temporarily but then things would get 10 x worse once I sobered up.

11. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

loads of weed, shrooms, lsd, only dabbled with cocaine... been drug free since October last year.

12. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

I did extasy once and nothing happened... Maybe it was fake i have no idea. I did amphetamine twice and OD-d the second time. Was taken to the hospital. I nearly died then, i couldnt breath at all, it was 2 years ago. I never did drugs since then. But i tried Relanium last summer, didnt feel anything at all, which was weird. Now i just stick to alcohol. I dont drink often at all, maybe just once or twice a month, sometimes more. But that is safer than any drugs i think.

13. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

The ecstasy you took must have been a fake. Trust me when i took it it was literally the most intense, happiest feeling in my life and all i was doing was wandering the suburbs at night with a couple of close friends

14. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

yeah it's great the first year of taking it. But the magic fades.

15. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I hate ecstasy, rarely do it these days. Cocaine is safer than E. I kinda feel like trying diamorphine :mellow:

16. Once I could have been called Mr. Self Destruct.... my own version of extacy I took crystal & opiates simultaneously or crystal followed by coke. Because of easy access I did this pretty much daily. The crashes were avoided by chronic and/or sedatives/tranquilizers. Dependant as I became, I would take certain strong downers until I went into blackouts. I['d preety much call myself dependant still because I crave, sometimes badly. No longer having access I no longer use illegal things..... how I miss the chronic most. If thrown into the right(or wrong) situation I'd jump at the chance.... even though the jail-time isn't worth it.

17. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I try not to do cocaine/ketamine/meth anymore but I kinda struggle with cannabis. I smoke copious amounts of it and I find it harder and harder to stop as I've been doing it for so long. I also enjoy taking the odd barbiturate. I'm certainly not a 'drug addict' though by any means. My cocaine addiction ended a long time ago. Bad times, bad times.

18. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i went through a stage of taking alot of escatasy when i went out. it really helped me as my suicidal thoughts got too intense for me to handle and the pills knocked them out and i didnt give a shit. and if i had happened to overdose and die, it would have been a bonus for me.

ive took ket as well. only once though.

im really trying to fight though. i dont want my life to be ruled by drugs. i guess i dont want to be the person who relies on drugs to be alive.

i guess its just another form of self harm and you need to find an alternative to give you the same escape and release without harming yourself. sorry i cant be of much help

keep fighting your depression and urges to take drugs :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  19. How oddly I must think.... I do not condone any form of abuse, I condone knowledge of your usage. Something as simple as chron can never kill. In fact it's legal in certain parts of the world. Just like taking your daily vitamin. Stay in control if you are dependant anyway..... use & abuse have different definitions.

20. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

The problem with ecstasy is that it can make your depression worse afterwards...no more Seratonin and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.