drunk dad

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by PressedIn, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

Our cat died today. We all saw it coming, but I'm not that upset about it. Just a n hour or so ago, my dad started yelling and screaming about how he doesn't like his brother-in-law. He started throwing glasses at the walls near me, and kept telling my mom to get away or he'd put her head through the wall.

It's quiet for 10-15 minutes, then theres about 30 minutes of him yelling at my mom for everything that her brother did wrong. I can tell my dad is a bit drunk, he was acting that way before all the yelling. I'm trying to get out of the house but every time somebody walks past him he starts screaming at them and throwing stuff.

I'm not really scared, I'm sad, because I know this is all because of the cat. I'm holding back my tears with everything I've got. I hope I'll be able to get out of the house soon.

2. PressedIn

fucking pointless... DELETE

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Sorry about your cat and your Dad. That is some bullshit there. Does he do this a lot?

4. PressedIn

define "a lot" it's like once every 2 months... sometimes more or less, but taht's an average

5. Esmeralda

Still, that's pretty bad to do something like that. He could end up hurting someone! Is he otherwise violent or abusive to you or your Mom?

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I dont think it had much to do with the cat. I think theres a whole heap more going on under all this - and it was waiting to happen. The cat is what tipped it all off.... it isnt the only reason. Theres never one real reason for stuff like this. Mind you.... make sure that you keep yourself safe, and try to keep your mum safe too... thinking of ya. :hug:

TDM

7. PressedIn

as stated before, he does do this stuff every 2 months on average, and yeah he is abusive towards my mom often.

8. Abcissa

Abcissa New Member

umm do you stay in the same room with your dad while he dose it and try to calm him down or do you back off and let nature take its course?

9. Esmeralda

That sucks, dude. Have you talked to your Mom about his behavior? Maybe the 2 of you can form a plan for the next time that happens so you can both stay safe, or maybe talk to your Dad about this when he is sober and calm.

10. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hey firstly i know ive not been on much recently but glad to see you about.i remember ya from chat and miss ya.im sorry for what you are having to go through with your Dad etc.It sounds frightening when it happens and it sounds like theres a lot going on too.i wish there was something i can say to help but please know im here.And please keep safe and keep in touch.Take care.i feel for you.It must be so hard to deal with.How are you doing now?Do you think you could talk to your Mum or anyone?Know it might be scary?Understand if you feel you have to cope alone though and will be here for you.Just seems like so much to have to cope with.You will be in my thoughts.For what help that is.kath

11. PressedIn

I leave the room when my dad gets angry, and my mom just goes to bed, no matter what time it is. The past few days have been tense, tho my dad keeps trying to act normal, him and my mom ignore everybody. I've just been playing games and driving around town for the most part.

But no, I'm not going to bother talking to anyone cuz I'm leaving soon anyway.

12. Esmeralda

I sleep when I'm upset too :) I just get really sleepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.