drunk & depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by OutcastLonerFreak, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutcastLonerFreak

OutcastLonerFreak Active Member

im so depressed. thought getting drunk would help but now im even more depressed. i just want to fucking kill myself. i feel as if i have no friends & no one loves me. theres just nothing worth living for. i was in the hospital for 2 months almost a yr ago & thought i was getting better but thats obviously not true. fuck i hate my life.
  2. liljamerz

liljamerz New Member

Im sorry your feeling this way. If theres anything i can do let me know. Your not to far away from me. Add me on msn if you need to talk to someone okay?
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

You know alcohol is a depressant, right? I am not saying don't drink. I am struggling with that very issue myself and I am a diagnosed manic depressive.

But maybe take a day or 2 off from drinking to clear your head a little.
  4. OutcastLonerFreak

thanks both of you. im feeling a bit better, at least right now. yeah i think i knew that alcohol was a depressant. i should probably stop but it helps me feel better for awhile and thats the main reason i love it so much.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Charla,

I am glad you're feeling a bit better :hug:
  6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey hon..
    sorry you are feeling so bad : (

pm if you want to talk

frankly, i do not notice a difference in depression, alcohol or not.
    my depression just rides a roller coaster like a bratty 9 yr old kid :rolleyes:
    perPETually. . . .

i'm sorry for your situation, , , , send good thoughts and big hugs

yep. alcohol is a depressant. but at times, it is a harmless way to cope.
    a thought
  7. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Sometimes having a lot of friends can cause your depressions...nothing like having a bunch of drama lamas bitching at you. :rolleyes:
  8. OutcastLonerFreak

i see your point there. but im so damn lonely :sad:
    some good news though, im supposed to be having some ppl over tomorrow nite. i had ppl over last fri nite too and it was fun and lifted my spirits for awhile. hanging out w/ ppl makes me happy, but sometimes also depressed b/c i get to thinking of how badly i want close friends like my sister that i see practically all the time. i know i should just be grateful for even having ppl to get together w/ (especially since its been such a long time since i even hung out w/ anyone) but its pretty hard. i want more, which makes me feel ungrateful and selfish.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Charla,
    It sounds like you are filling a big void in your life.. Just from the little you have said you sound like a very personable person.. You should make friends easy.. You know I have found that helping others here on the forum has helped me also..Hope you have a good time...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.