Drunk Driving, how stupid ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by neverdie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. neverdie

neverdie Guest

OMG I can't believe that people still drive while drunk. What an idiot you are. Not only could u kill someone, you could loose ur license for a year and be jailed. How stupid are you anyway???

I read here that someone wrote they drove home drunk. Unbelievable that people can be that stupid. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Very dangerous for many and far from a smart choice, but I'm sure said person realizes the potential and frightening consequences of his/her actions and is sorry for them. Were they not, I doubt they'd have posted it in the apologetically aware and regretful manner that they did. Said person's mistake is not necessarily a direct reflection of their character or intellect, simply their (common-to-most) judgment when in an intoxicated state.

I fully understand your frustrations, though. :hug: Hope 'letting it all out' assisted in their relief. PM me anytime. x

3. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

sometimes you are in so much pain you don't realize. I drove drunk once with my kids the week that my stbx left. I had been up all night drinking/crying - realized my kids had to go to school - woke them up - put them in the van and drove them there - scraped the whole side of my van up on the side of the gate and realized horrified at that moment that I had only stopped drinking a couple hours before and was driving drunk. Just had been in so much pain/so out of it and really it would have been better to have phoned my kids in sick than to have put them in the van and driven them to school drunk and once also after crying all night driving my kids to school and not realizing until the way home that I was driving w/o contacts or glasses. . That's something only one person IRL knows about other than me and I haven't ever even posted online - but sometimes the combo of really in pain/depressed with drinking - didn't clue in. scared me to dealth that I could have hurt my kids or other people. One of hte things I"m most ashamed of - but sharing that just so that it's stupid to drive drunk yes - but I've been in such a bad place where I didn't even realize I was still drunk/had been drinking or didn't have glass/contacts and must through the exhausted/pain/depresseion saw a clock and clued in - oh my kids need to get up and get to school now. Sometimes people in extreme pain do really stupid things...

4. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Yeah, people who do that deserve to die.

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Sorry, fortunately I've never killed anyone driving drunk. Now when I drink I give my keys away so that I won't drive. If I don't I will drive, no matter the condition I'm in. Blacked out, blacking out, cracking my next beer it wouldn't matter I'd just keep on driving.

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Thats a bit harsh don't you think?? The next time you drink and you think I'm okay to drive think of that statement you just made. Just a thought

7. theplaya

theplaya Well-Known Member

hell yeah i got a pelvic fracture because of that

8. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

In the cold light of day, every body knows the difference between right and wrong, but life isn't that simple, that plain, that black and white.

Sometimes in the darkness, its hard to see the light, the right from the wrong, the pain that clouds the mind, the drink that clouds the eyes, judge not, lest ye best judged, wise words.

I too have fallen foul of this most insidious deed, not by choice, not deliberately, no one thinks, my god I'm pissed, where are the car keys ?

If you are not careful, it just sort of catches you out, suddenly you think, oh shit ! I am alright to drive, usualy the morning after, a long night before.

Never say never, life is a strange and curious thing, you never know, when its going to call your bluff and catch you off guard.

Yes drink driving is wrong, it always will be, the trouble is, when they are sober everyone says that, ask them again when they are pissed, ask your self, when you are drepressed and pissed, the answer might not be the same or the morning after, when you feel fine, so you must be ok to drive, mustn't you ?

Shades of grey, thats where the problem lies.

9. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i regret drinking and driving and not in a million did i think that i would do that. It will come back to kick me in the ass i'm sure of it. So maybe i should take some of the other members advice...

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

My uncle went to prison for drink driving and I agree how stupid it is!