Drunk last night

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LotusFlower, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

Well it is about 3 am here and I am now up. I was fall down drunk last night and my husband who I am separated from has been staying with me (my psychiatrist asked him to) took away my bottle around 8 and hid it other wise I would have kept drinking. I was fall down drunk I just wanted to forget everything for one night. I had my first couple of drinks before 10 am and around 4 pm started drinking again and by 8 finished off over half a bottle of vodka. I have become so self destructive. Now I am awake because I have such bad insomnia and my husband wouldn’t let me take all my bed time meds because you can’t mix them with alcohol because they are all sleep meds. I take about 4 just to make it to 6 am. So now I don’t know what to do if I take them now I might not be able to get up in the morning. SIGH

2. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'm sorry :cheekkiss I used to drink a lot, at some parties when a teen. It's never "fun" when you come to that point. Are you an occasional drinker?

I take pills to sleep too. I had insomnias to bang my head against the wall some months.

The problem with alcohol, I realized, is that you always need more and more. Because your body gets used to it, and because your problems are still there then. I'm not going to tell you what you have to do, but I'm sure drinking will just be worse for your sleep.

Hold on, you're not alone.

3. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

have you ever thought about not drinking and getting yourself straightened out ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.