Drying to death

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by VonBlown, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonBlown

VonBlown Well-Known Member

Can't tell you how bad I feel, or much I would like to escape.

The bottom line, my body all over including my lungs is just getting dryer and dryer. It's gotten worse of the years, as to where now, just the air conditioning is making it impossible for me to exsist. Waking up choking, can't breathe through my nose, and my throat so dry I just choke.

Have tons of other medical problems. Nobody seems to know how to treat me. Except give oxygen, that doesn't help the problem just seems to make me dryer.

Have had nothing but bad happen to me over the last year to boot.

When I talk to other people, they say, you must have some bad doctors get new ones blah blah blah.
    But it's not the qaulity of doctors I've seen as the general advice is all pretty much the same wherever I look.

As that nobody seems to have problems like I do. I can't even find clothes to wear that don't irritate my dry skin like crazy. the few pieces of clothes that I have I don't know why they don't irritate me. But even they are starting to become irritating the dryer I get.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry..it must be a terrible infliction to have....is it an allergic thing??
  3. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised nobody has brought up the idea of humidifiers. Back in the days, when I was a kid, before asthma med's were available in inhalers, I took my pills and tried to relax in a humidified room. If you are having problems with dry, itchy skin it can also help that.
  4. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

good luck my true friend
  5. carley5

carley5 Banned Member

Von - be strong honey - I love you loads xxxxx
  6. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I'm so sorry that you are having these problems.

I know it's hard to keep seeing doctors when all you've gotten is bad advice. But I know of so many people, myself included, who went to doctor after doctor and gotten nothing but the run around and a lot of stupid advice, and had pretty much given up. But, then we came across a doctor who picked up on the symptoms, and was able to give us that elusive diagnosis, and give us the help we needed, or at least the understanding. It isn't even a question of money. Fran Descher (sp?) had uterine cancer. I don't know how many doctors she went to that just dismissed her, before she finally found someone who figured it out. She could afford to see the docs and get the tests, it just took finding a doctor who wasn't a complete buttmunch.

Please hang on and keep trying. The answer might still be out there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.