• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Duality of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're reading this, and you have the time, I want to know about your opinion on this. Sort of a heavy topic but it's something that's been plaguing me for a while. I can't really articulate whatevers on my mind well, so I hope this can suffice or something. I'll call it "Duality of man", I guess.

It being the existence of one self, is the admittance that one both is and is not. After all, what's love if you haven't experienced pain or loneliness. What's happiness if you haven't experienced depression.

The issue lies of whether.. Well I don't know. You could understand everything but that doesn't mean you understand what makes you. It's the sort of justification that's behind suicide. Irregardless of a patients understanding that an issue is as strong as you allow it to be, or that life is a recurring encounter of problems, understanding as much doesn't garentee what said patients wants out of life.

And that's the scary thing of life. Life is the continuous, and gradual understanding of things: that's what everyone is alive for. To learn, to be the better version of their selves. But what does that amount to, if you never amounted to anything in the first place. For example, a person may thrive to have knowledge. To understand everything that they can, to enjoy what's precious to them and everything. But what does that amount to, if that person doesn't feel fulfilled, satisfied. It means nothing.

The duality of man: to be alive and dead. To feel depression to feel happy, and so on.

I guess what I mean is that killing yourself, or living is one in the same, as long as you feel that you amounted to something, irregardless of what that thing is. Or something to a less extreme degree.

Jane65

@HelpMePls_._
I cant find the right words to respond at the moment so I'm replying just so that you know I have read your post and I am thinking about what you are saying. Do you feel sad? It sounds like a very sad view and one I think I can relate to.... but maybe I am way off the mark so I will leave it at that for now.

@HelpMePls_._
I cant find the right words to respond at the moment so I'm replying just so that you know I have read your post and I am thinking about what you are saying. Do you feel sad? It sounds like a very sad view and one I think I can relate to.... but maybe I am way off the mark so I will leave it at that for now.
Thank you for taking your time to read it

@HelpMePls_._
I haven't felt happy for a long time. But I don't think that's something that really matters all that much. But I appreciate your concern

Jane65

I haven't felt happy for a long time. But I don't think that's something that really matters all that much. But I appreciate your concern
Why would it not matter? Dont answer if you dont want to... just I think everyone deserves some happiness... though I often think I dont but that's because I am very sad and have lost hope in living a better life.
Maybe you have more pressing concerns than happiness? Again please dont bother replying if it's not helpful. I won't comment again.... I dont want to be nosey. Just wondering if it might help to say some more?

Why would it not matter? Dont answer if you dont want to... just I think everyone deserves some happiness... though I often think I dont but that's because I am very sad and have lost hope in living a better life.
Maybe you have more pressing concerns than happiness? Again please dont bother replying if it's not helpful. I won't comment again.... I dont want to be nosey. Just wondering if it might help to say some more?
I don't aim to spark negativity or discourage you from being happy when I say this, but I hope you know that having happiness is a choice that anyone can reach for. It's how you think about it, in the long run, that allows you to have it or not. Don't lose hope, or don't stop fighting if you want it. But if you think it's not for you (which is totally okay), the least everyone around you can do, (not implying they aren't), is to make your life a little easier.

To answer your question, I don't think about myself, or my emotions all that much. I think the more time I spend thinking about myself and how I feel detracts my attention from other things. I've learnt to accept that things may or may not change for me; I'm comfortable being miserable if that's how it ends up. Accepting things like this allows you to enjoy or do other things.

This place is a safe space, y'know. I don't think your being nosey. As long as you're comfortable with how you engage with others here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00