Dubai, no wonder the USA are after oils...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Dubai is one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located south of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula. Main revenue come from the oil industry. Their gross in 2008 was 82 billions US dollars. But they are running out of oil fast, as to wonder how long can such a fancy city last? But you have to admit that the city have enjoy a sick sick sick facelift since 1990. Economy crisis? Not in Dubai.

Dubai in 1990 prior to the craziness

Same street in 2003

Last year

Dubai is said to currently have 15-25% of all the world’s cranes

The Dubai Waterfront. When completed it will become the largest waterfront development in the world.

All of this was built in the last 5 years, including that island that looks like a palm tree.

The World Islands. 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world. Each island will have an estimated cost of $25-30 million.

The Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai. The worlds tallest hotel. Considered the only ‘7 star’ hotel and the most luxurious hotel in the world. It stands on an artificial island in the sea. SEVEN fucking stars hotel...

There's a gazillion more sick buildings in Dubai and i won't post them all cause it will take forever... Needless to say, it's making Las Vegas look poor in comparison.
  2. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

all these artificial cities in the deserts are doomsdays in the making

I worry about what these Arabs will do when they realize they can no longer sustain their "western" style of living in the desert

These people have alot of money and power

A attack on the western world?

I really worry about the future sometimes
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that was really interesting Boo......what a glut of money though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.