Dude....I snapped

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anastacia007, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anastacia007

Anastacia007 Member

OKay, so, I went three weeks without cutting myself........but all that hard work went down the drain.

I cut myself again this morning. I thought I had finally stopped...it's nothing big, but I really want to do it again..........but I know I shouldn't. GRRR!!!!!

This is really starting to frustrate me.

2. Hey. It happens to us all, when we think we've stopped, but still we want to do it and we eventually end up doing it... it sucks...

But you went three weeks! Which is great! All you got to do is try and go longer this time, then little more, then a little longer. Eventually... it will be a huge amount of time, and maybe... just maybe... you will never want to do it again... and you'll be free...

Don't worry about the slight slip, just get up and try again! :D

3. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

These things happen. Don't worry about it.
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I don't know of any SH'er that doesnt have a relapse in it now and then. Just do your best, and be proud for doing your best. :hug: I'm here if you'd like to talk. :) (I've had self harm issues for around 10 years)

5. Anastacia007

Anastacia007 Member

yeah....well now I'm counting. It's been one day since I've done it. Nothing huge...but I'm going to try to go longer.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Three weeks is terrific. Slip ups happen to everyone as they are trying to stop, it's natural.

The most effective way to beat the urges is to release the emotion in a more positive way. If you can figure out what makes you cut, ie what emotion, then you can use another method to release it, like if anger makes you cut you could scribble all over a piece of paper, or beat up a pillow, or scream into a pillow, or something like that (if you want more ideas then feel free to PM me).

Make sure that you treat yourself for every milestone that is important to you. Like if you beat three weeks give yourself a really positive treat.

Keep fighting, you will get there

Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.