DUI Has Ruined My Life, Career, Belief In Society.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lisa42, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa42

Lisa42 New Member

I live in a county that is raising revenue by arresting everybody for DUI's. I am 45 years old, 3 college degrees, an ICU RN. I came from a very abusive family and made a success out of myself all alone with no family. I am a good citizen and have done a lot of community service.

I was arrested for the first time in my entire life 4 months ago IN MY HOUSE for a fake DUI after my car broke down on the side of the road. I just won the case last week in a settlement but they are making me pay massive fines to assuage the county's "revenue raising" program, ordered no alcohol consumption even at a wedding or in my own home, mandatory random alcohol checks for a year, community service hours, or I go to jail. WTF??? Before the case went to trial, cops in the same county targeted me 1 week before the trial on the road and gave me ANOTHER DUI to ensure a win in the first case. This second one will be very hard to win because I refused the breathalyzer to prove a point at what assholes these cops are here.

My life is over. I cannot work as a nurse anymore. My license is taken away from me - so I can't drive to all the probation requirements of the first case - which means I will go to jail.

I am not sleeping at all. At all. I am awake 24 hours a day in hell. Totally isolated in a rural community with no friends and no car and no career. This is hell. I never smile or laugh. I have lost all trust in societal institutions.

I want to xxx myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

Firstly, well done for telling us on here whats happened, its gotta be hard.

I'm sorry about the issues your facing at the moment, it can't be easy.
    Is there any other way you can get to these places without driving yourself? could someone take you?

Is there any family you can talk to?

Don't do anything silly, we're all here to help you.

3. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

So sorry those jerks are doing that to you. What they did is criminal as far as I'm concerned. Don't know what you can do. I'd talk to a lawyer about your options.

I hope this backfires on them. Hope they're exposed and they get a lot of unwanted attention.

4. Lisa42

Lisa42 New Member

Thanks for your posts to me. Yeah, this sucks because they're doing it to judges, doctors, and even elderly people too. One young guy was thrown in jail not for DUI but for having a cracked windshield! His bond was $1,600. I'm really fighting to get my license back and if not, will have to take what little money I have left to move where there's excellent public transportation. I never knew how many innocent people are getting bogus charges now that small counties are running out of money (and they don't want to fire any cops). In court, they were putting grandmothers in jail. It was really horrible and life-changing to realize how powerless people were who didn't have an attorney. I'm okay tonight. Hopefully I can sleep - was awake 24 hours straight getting an ulcer and panicked over my potentially very dim future. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

If this happened to you, it will have happened to other people as well. Band together with them and raise fucking hell.

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Lisa and hope you are doing better...please continue to let us know what is going on for you and how we can support you...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.