"duMaurier King 25."

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by The_Infected, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Infected

The_Infected Active Member

I have no idea how many times I go to the store and say "duMaurier king size 25 please" or "Peter Jackson orange king 25 please" in a week. Damn nicotine is going to be the death of me. I want to quit, but I can't.

I smoke about.. a pack, if not just under a pack a day. Everytime I try to quit I end up getting sick to my stomach. Cancer runs bad in my family, I need to stop soon before it's too late. I mean, I'm only 18. I don't fear death, I want to die... But I just don't want to die via cancer.

My boyfriend is desperate for me to quit, but I can't. I love him to death, and I want to quit for him, but I just can't put down my cigarettes.

I've tried everything from gum to patches to needles. Even trying to get the "regular size" (which is smaller, for those of you that live in Canada you know there's king/regular/slim and 100's...) And being at work, behind a counter selling cigarettes all day... I just can't quit. I'm holding smoke packs all day..

Can someone help Zombie...
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I quit using hypnosis and it was very successful at the time...nicotine is a very hard drug to quit, so please continue trying...I also found a support group quite helpful
  3. The_Infected

The_Infected Active Member

I don't believe in hypnosis or psychic stuff like that. I live in a smaller town, there isn't any kind of support group for people that're trying to quit smoking. You've basically got to do it on your own with support from friends/family.
  4. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

I started when I was about 12, I have similar worries about cancer as I'm now in my thirties and family members are dropping like flies due to cancer. I think I was born to smoke :/

But it is horribly addictive. I don't even want to quit, despite the worries. I tried quitting, it was awful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.