Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LetItGo, Sep 4, 2010.

1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Really stupid for continuing on with uni right now. Totally unmotivated, gonna be some epic fails heading my way me thinks. Then again, I had no choice due to fucking finances. Couldn't afford to leave lol. Lose-Loser.
  2. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

just started again? always really hard to be motivated again after a break
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well, if you are unmotivated because of emotional problems- I'd suggest you see a counselor or therapist.

It can be hard to get back into the swing of things, but if you're still not feeling motivated at all after a month or two, I would *really* worry then. You might be studying something that you have very little interest in to begin with. < and that would be very hard to continue on with, I'd think.
  4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Ive been back for half a semester, and done nothing really. See the problem is, I really enjoyed the first year, and did exceptionally well. Now my parents are pressuring me to continue, saying....."you never finish anything you start", "you told us you were really enjoying it". So even though they know my personal situation (relationship breakup, financial problems), they still want me to push on. Its too late now anyway. I pull out now and i get withdrawn grades on my transcript, which look awful, even though they are not fails, just withdrawn. Keep saying i need to just fucking knuckle down and do it! but I cant seem to get into it at all. The other big problem is finding a full time job within a week, cause thats what I would need to do if I were to drop it now. I really cant. I need to push on. Anyway, these problems are minuscule compared to those of many others, I really need to grow a set.
  5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I don't know if you're going to school full time, but maybe you can just get through this semester and next semester take a lighter load, one or two classes fewer than you are currently taking, just to give yourself a break and try figuring out what you want to do, while still pursuing your degree.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you considered a tutor.. They can help you get your study habits in order and help motivate you.. Talk to your school counselor and tell them you are struggling.. They can help you find a tutor .. Who knows maybe even a new friend..Take Care!!