Dunno what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NinjaSwan, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaSwan

NinjaSwan Active Member

I just don't see how I can keep going on like this. I feel so much emotional pain all the time, it is a great challenge to survive the day without having a complete breakdown. I have no support system. The people who are supposed to be there for me are ditching me the time I need them the most. My mother just got done telling telling me she is fucking done with all my bullshit and that I'm full of shit and she has her own problems to deal with.

I want to die. I see a therapist weekly, am on meds, nothing is getting better. I'm eating healthier, working out, doing everything I am supposed to do, but I'm only getting worse. I feel pathetic rambling on about how much I hurt, but no one has ever listened and I need to get it out somewhere.

I'm only 17 years old, and I feel like I'm freaking 90. I just want all the pain to go away.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Did you ask about changing your meds if they're not helping?

Also maybe a different therapist if yours isn't helping?

Don't get too upset about your mother, family often has a hard time undertanding this stuff.

Anyway I am not too great at advice but I'm here if you need to vent or talk.
  3. NinjaSwan

NinjaSwan Active Member

Thanks for the response bcs.

I have been on a med rollercoaster for about a year now, and I have changed therapists before. I just feel like I'm stuck right now.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I think one thing I am realising since being on this forum is you can change your meds a million times and you can see a million counsellors and therapists and psychiatrists and they can section you and have you commited and put you into hospital and you will have good days and bad days but at the end of the day...

...if you have no support system, it's so hard to keep going. :-(
    And I can totally relate to that NinjaSwan. Which is why I'm really trying to come up with a solution to that problem, for everybody.
    Maybe we can all start group therapy meetings in our towns or something? I'm not sure if this would be possible but it's worth a go?
  5. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I'm only 18, and i feel similar to what you are going through NinjaSwan. Hell, even coming here is a challenge ever since I joined, because it is so hard to go on. I haven't seen therapists or taken meds, but i feel supported here at least, even though i havent been here for a week yet.
    So just hang in there, and talk to us! Maybe we can help, or if not, we can at least be here for you. Sometimes all we need is a hug to release our pain, at least for a moment.
    Hope that helps.
  6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I know just how it feels to struggle on day by day when everything seems to hurt so much. I've been in the same situation for a long time now. Personally I've found more help and support from the people here than I've got from any doctor or meds I've been given. The thing I've found is that people here do understand because we are all experiencing similar things. Without that experience it is difficult for others to have that same level of understanding. Talking to others here has given me the strength to keep going. I take it day by day and each day I get through I see as a victory. Being here on the forum has helped me learn to cope with my pain better than I used to do. I still have bad days but I'm still here. Give yourself time to get to know people here and hopefully you too can find that help and support you need. I know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the friends I have made on this forum. Best wishes and I hope you can find as much help from here as I have done.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My parents don't understand my depression and other illnesses because the way they were brought up you just didn't speak of such things..Half my family doesn't give two shits and thinks I should quit my meds and get myself together.. The other half try to help but I am not responsive to them..If anything I push them away and don't talk about what is going on with me..I have found friends and support here on the forum.. They have saved me a couple of times..If your meds aren't helping then you need to tell your shrink that.. They have finally got my meds right where I am maintaing..I'm on five different meds for the different problems I am having..I know if I go off my meds I will commit so I take them faithfully..Maybe you need a regimine of different meds also..I wish you all the best..
  8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Your never stuck, take control of your situation and change it if you feel you need to. I know it's annoying changing therapists and meds all the time but it's important that you get the right therapist and the right meds to help you live. Try it, you don't have much to lose :)
    Please take care, and if ever you need to talk feel free to pm me.
  9. nevertheanswer

nevertheanswer Active Member

Acknowledge that you, yourself, want to change. :) That's what's most important. Other people and medicines are just supplements.

Keep sharing what you feel. It is a good step to take. :)
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You need to tell your therapist that you don't feel therapy is helping.Hopefully you can resolve it ,if you can't then find a new one.
    Also,talk to your doctor, she/he needs to know the medication isn't doing anything for you.They can't know unless you tell them!
    Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.