Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abacus21, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Since I've been to Amsterdam, I've had this burning desire (well, vague desire, anyway) to learn Dutch, as well as German, which I'm learning at the moment.
    English and German are, to me, beneficial for me as Dutch, in my opinion, is a mixture of the two: ''Geopend'' for example. Ge- from the past participle of German (gefahren = driven), and the rest is obvious if one knows English.

I've just taken a German exam today, and I think I did reasonably well. Not amazingly well, though. I dunno why I'm writing this, really - I just want to learn Dutch if possible, alongside German. It isn't possible at the university I'm going to, so I'm stuck with summer courses (which Ester very helpfully found for me :) ). It's inadvisable for me, this summer at least, to go and do a Dutch course, seeing as I'm doing a German (and Philosophy) degree, and am continuing next year...

Just wanted to say that out loud, really :laugh:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Learn as much as you can...every experience adds to who you are...and who yu are is rather great with or without Dutch...J
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Kudos to you for learning German and good luck with Dutch if you so choose; Sounds like you'd have no problem.

Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.