Duty of care?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thaliapage, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaliapage

thaliapage Member

I dont know if this is the right forum or not - so i appologise if its not. and i appologise if im not supose to ask this either. :/

Would the counsellor be bound by duty of care if i told him the following - about why i droped uni marks to make sure i got didnt get into honours? I just want to know what to expect thats all..

Because I am an incompetent fool. How am I suppose to complete a research thesis when the thought of actually speaking to supervisor freaks me out? And the only “proper” research project that we had this year, I made up the interview – and that’s just pathetic, I only had to interview one person...
    Because there are rules – I wasn’t suppose to get honours at my uni if I wasn’t interacting – that it was a punishment for being so stupid.
    But more so, if I dont get into 4th year at another uni, it gives me a reason, proof that I don’t belong. And it gives them a reason to understand; something concrete. Because even if they don’t really care now, guilt can skew perceptions – and at least this way there is something to understand.

It was only suppose to be getting an offer that mattered. But it keeps changing. The grad dip offer doesn’t count because it’s a grad dip – it’s not honours. The honours offer doesn’t count because its part time – not full time. It’s in Sydney too. And we can’t do part time – I'm already 2 years behind everyone else, I don’t need a third. And the rules keep changing and there not suppose to because they’re rules. And my head keeps telling me to wait – wait for a better offer – wait for LaTrobe or something, even if I didn’t survive at LaTrobe last time. It keeps telling be that I don’t have to let anyone know that I got an offer, no one has to know. It can be a secret. The other unis won’t accept you – that can be your proof.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am sorry but I am in the US and I do not understand the system...but one thing did impress me...what crime are you punishing yourself for??? sounds like you lied...which everyone who breathes has done...so I do not see sabotaging your career over being human...also, know I have done the same ...J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.