dwelling in the past

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by iwannagoback, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwannagoback

iwannagoback New Member

I have these constant feelings and thoughts of "back in the day". I'm in my
    40's and don't know why I'm still here. The thoughts from little kid to college just replay as a much happier time for me. I don't understand why I'm not happy..I have the greatest wife, two beautiful girls, and a precious grandson. My personal goals have come up short. I once was king of the castle in the musician dept and now I don't know what I'm doing here...going through the motions I guess.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...sometimes I think of the past when my present is so very difficult to deal with...I am now working on making the present more palatable so that I can live in it...big hugs, J
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF...
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression can sneak up on us for no reason at all sometimes. Chemicals in our brain a little off balance sometimes exercise can help meds or just therapy I hope talking her helps you as well.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forums. Sometimes those thoughts of the past are just our way of wishing for happier times. It is okay to wish they were here now, but remember that you can make some good memories of the present as well. Someday those will be your past :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.