DWP twat in a suit

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by simon, Nov 24, 2007.

1. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

if some dwp twat in a suit thinks he knows whats going on in my head well good luck to the wanker

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug:

3. Fishman

Fishman Guest

DWP? I don't know what that means

4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Department for Work and Pensions. Maybe the OP had one of their 'doctors' assessing them for a benefit..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  5. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I love it how they think they can send their 'experts' who are just money grabbing c***s to deduce whether someone can work or not who has mental health problems. What happens if you don't open up to them and they see it as you being ok? What if you are fine on the day but have massive attacks of anxiety or depression at intervals?
    If anything it should be left to the one person or persons who would probably know anything about you and that is your GP or your therapist or counsellor. They should tell the DWP if you are fit or not rather than DWP forcing you into a very stressful medical evaluation. I mean think about it. You're depressed and can hardly function. You are scared of what is happening. You are scared of money issues and jobs and going out and living. The last thing you need is to prove that you are ill to them because I know i'de be shitting it thinking they would say i'm ok then i'de be forced to get a job and i'de probably do something stupid instead.
    I have a job now but I got it in my own time because I was feeling up to it.
    Where money is concerned they are like vultures. Just so Gordon Brown can buy something useless like a load of golden enemas for his cabinet because they certainly don't put it back into the health service that's for sure!

6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I'm very lucky as I've never had to go through a medical but I've heard horror stories and I'm sure I'll be having to go through one in the next couple of years, maybe not next year but the year after with all the changes. From what I've read, a medical is like having to jump through hoops, you have to know exactly and precisely what to say and the questions are just stupid sometimes. I've also heard it's good to take a recording of the session or take a social worker or someone with you to be a witness and to write down everything that goes on.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefitsinfo/disability_living_allowance.htm

That's a good site to look at their guides when it comes to filling up forms and going through medicals. It was free a few years ago but now I think you have to become a member.

7. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, I was claiming IB for a short time in 2003, I quit a job to claim because my depression and mood swings where anything but normal and it was either get sacked or resign.

I claimed IB for about 8 months when they sent me for a medical with some doctor. Of course I was having a somewhat normal day and I was told my IB was stopping and I would have to find a job.

I did at a local supermarket, lasted about 4 weeks till I quit again due to my health.

These people really piss me off, hell I cannot even open up to my GP let alone a stranger!