Dying a little more with each passing day...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by paigyparanoia, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paigyparanoia

paigyparanoia New Member

I've had severe depression probably for the past 4 years of my life. Within the past year I finally convinced my parents to take me to therapy and I'm on antidepressants now. They help... To an extent but I still have my lows big time. I've endured the worst relationship with my parents, that worsens with each day. They beat me down emotionally and mentally. I've had my heart broken. I'm a big loving person. I'd like to think that it defines me in a way. I know that I was born to love someone unconditionally. I know that my parents contribute largely to my depression, but I'm 17 and I can't leave. They've trapped me. My real dad whom my mom divorced when I was like 2, can't even contact me because my mom went behind his back years ago, and got my step dad to adopt me. I have a boyfriend but my parents are so paranoid, that I almost never get to see him. I'm not even a bad kid. I almost have my AA too!. I just don't get joy in anything but seeing my boyfriend anymore. Life isn't as exciting as it used to be. I don't remember what it's like to be TRULY happy, except for the moments that I actually do get to see my bf. Which my parents are prohibiting. I have Severe depression, anxiety and possible bipolar mood disorder/hypomania. I've started to accept that it is something that I will never truly rid of. My real dads side of the family is very prone to depression. I know I can be happier than I am now, It's just so hard to have a positive outlook on life, when nothing matters anymore. The only thing keeping me here is my boyfriend. I am losing it. And I hate my parents for this. I've tried explaining, but their so narrow minded they don't care. Help me :[

2. 88993

88993 New Member

i wish i could say something that would make u feel better but rite now im feeling really down myself..try to keep ur mind busy on different activities like sports.. i wish u the best...

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you talk to a councillor at school about your depression maybe call your doctor get on some medication just to get you through a bit. Talking to someone helps alot as well. EXercise will help it helps decrease the depression Maybe your parents can set you up with some therapy to help Just know people care here okay so keep talking posting your thoughts it does help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.