dying is a comforting thought

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

There's no way around that, is there? If I'm thinking of it at length, won't it always be a comforting thought? Sometimes I think "why would I want to do that" or "why would I ever have even thought of that" but then I end up thinking about something else. But this start is still here, still comforting me like a blanket wrapped tightly around me.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It feels very much like a warm blanket to me too.
    The release that we look for in death can be found other ways though. I know it is hard to see that, but there are. :heart:
  3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i agree with what you said. there is a sense of comfort and a feeling of being in charge of our life.

be well and stay safe
    granny x
  4. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

I have found my way to commit suicide, it's not painful, it's not a mess, it does not involve OD'ing on pills and I can do it at a hotel room. I could never try to cut my wrists, or hang myself or even jump, it's not safe enough and it's really painful.

I have my time/place ready, and I am really excited, just like a kid on X-mas, it's just so peaceful to know it will all be over soon. I am really looking forward to it.

Death is quite fascinating if you think about it, when I die I will just... stop to think. A lot of questions come up, what will happen after death? Will I be reborn with no memory and in a different body? What will happen?
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't understand how it can be comfortable. You have know way of knowing what happens after you commit. Myself I just don't give a damn about dieing. I have seen alot and traveled alot.
    As far as friends go, the only ones I have are right here on the forum. Yes I live with suicidal thoughts everyday. When I get up I start my day by saying Nope it is not the time and it helps get me thru the day.
    My plan for commiting is a litlle messy, but that is the only way I know to do it and pass out before I die so I won't feel anything. I may have broken a rule there if so moderators blank it out if you think I have overstepped!! If I have to go to hell for doing it, then so be it. I am already living in hell here and now. I really don't care. It will just be another bag of shit life has dumped on me. I hope you find a way to heal your wounds from living here. I am 51 and don't plan on seeing or doing anything to bring joy back into my life. I don't want to end up suffering like my parents. They have discussed a suicide pack of dieing together. They don't get out of the house much anymore and they have my sister watching over on them...Good Luck!~Joseph~
  6. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

Joseph , my friend

I sometimes can relate to that thought hun , although i know i will never succumb to it , I can relate to the temptaions of being comforted from the dark places life presents and the confusing states of mind many of us experience . I guess my goal and my wish for u so much is that life itself can become a warm and safe place to want to be in as opposed to getting out of.

:hug: :wub: im always here for u

Jo xx
  7. ethelred

ethelred Member

Death is a very comforting thought to me yes.
    I think to myself sometimes "why not just do it? I'm going to die anyway someday, might as well be now."

I look forward to it often. The end of the constant mental pain I'm in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.