Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dying_inside, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dying_inside

dying_inside Well-Known Member

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your situation? :hug:
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Hmm.. what can we do to help?
  4. dying_inside

thank you for replying.

i am 29. no friends, no boyfriend, no life... never had.

i have built such a void around myself.

a voice is screaming inside my head tellling me my life is worthless

i should give up. i really feel like giving up.

you help me showing i exist, that someone hears me...

thank you
  5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you feel this way dying inside - loneliness can be a very bad thing - I guess we need the balance of others as well as having space and time for ourselves.

Are you shy then? Or have you just kind of been lulled into a way of life in which you don't bother doing much?

You mention a 'void' but you'd be surprised how many people are in one also - and as for not having a boyfriend, many people your age leave romance till late in life. Trust me - it will not feel late in life when you do find someone.

I've not had any romance for so long that I think I got change from buying a round of drinks from a Roman coin or something.

Try not to put yourself down so much - you got qualities I'm sure which make you a nice person. You are caring, maybe a quiet soul who just needs someone whose company you can relax in.

I'm sure there are thousands of men aged 30 or so who would love a women like you in their lives - but they have not met you yet.

I guess you need some activities in your life - something to go out for.

You think 30 is old - but trust me, its not. For many woman, its a time they become more feminine, more sure of themselves and hopefully confident.

At least you've not had to put up with some loser.

You got a lot of things to look forward to.

If your struggling with social anxiety or depression, maybe that's a cause for you not having a relationship.

Sure has been for me.

Or does anyone fancy a date at the doctors surgery?

Or you could go jogging and ask some jogger you fancy.. "do you run here often ?"

Hope some of this cheers you up a little.

Sure as hell won't be me jogging though - I walk.

And, we're listening to you.

Trying to think of some advice, but we'll see how it goes.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't give up now. Put in the effort to make some friends, join some clubs, get to know people, you'll feel a lot better then.
  7. dying_inside

Thank you.

i know i should do something to push me out of this situation, but it would take a lot of energy, which i dont have.

giving up seems so much easier.

but maybe i'll try. got nothing to lose...

Thank you so much.

8. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

hey! no! its worth just trying one last thing before you decide to die. try joining a depression club or something like that! something that will help with the nasty feelings at the same time as making friends
  9. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

sorry you feel so bad..agree with everyone else. as you say you built the void around yourself, only you can break it. take little steps at a time...maybe go somewhere quiet to start like library be around people without having to speak...and build on that...join a club, nightclass or something...you dont have to be alone unless you want to be.

you owe it to yourself to make every effort to have a life, it was your choice to be alone and now your depression has twisted it to something bad...fight it..see a doc. dont beat yourself up, its not your fault...sometimes we do things without realising and pushing peeps away is healthy reaction to unhealthy situation.

do silly things like take a bus journey and smile at other passengers, go for a walk and say hello to those you pass..get used to interacting on a basic level and build on it.

stay here for support. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.