• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Dysfunctional family

Growing up was rough my mom is bipolar and a narcissist.....and my dad is an alcoholic. They were both very abusive and my brother is another story. When I moved out at 23 I didn't talk to them for 2 years. Since then things have sorta gotten better with my mom. They have this new obsession or a new horde of dogs. This became an issue within the last 2 years. Some of thier dogs passed away and they got more. Instead of taking care of them and getting them to the vet for shots and neutered they wait until there's more puppies and then manipulate me into taking the dogs to vet. 3 months ago they had 2 more puppies and I was promised a puppies in return to take the father dog to vet for neutering. They have 10 small dogs now. Mom is in a wheelchair. Dad's still a drunk. My mom.finally told me I cannot have the puppy last week when it was ready to go home. This hole time she's been promising me and getting me all excited. This is what she does. Tonight she started a fight with me because I refuse to take the father dog to be neutered since they won't give the puppy. My mother told me I'm an ungrateful brat that I don't love them and never have. Told me I'm going nowhere in life and that I'm a failure. I'm 30 years old live and support myself completely on my own. I know this but I'm still believing the things she said. I can't do anything right. I hate when she gets to me like this. I feel 5 years old again waiting for my new bike that's never coming in the mail and then blamed because it didn't.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Growing up was rough my mom is bipolar and a narcissist.....and my dad is an alcoholic. They were both very abusive and my brother is another story. When I moved out at 23 I didn't talk to them for 2 years. Since then things have sorta gotten better with my mom. They have this new obsession or a new horde of dogs. This became an issue within the last 2 years. Some of thier dogs passed away and they got more. Instead of taking care of them and getting them to the vet for shots and neutered they wait until there's more puppies and then manipulate me into taking the dogs to vet. 3 months ago they had 2 more puppies and I was promised a puppies in return to take the father dog to vet for neutering. They have 10 small dogs now. Mom is in a wheelchair. Dad's still a drunk. My mom.finally told me I cannot have the puppy last week when it was ready to go home. This hole time she's been promising me and getting me all excited. This is what she does. Tonight she started a fight with me because I refuse to take the father dog to be neutered since they won't give the puppy. My mother told me I'm an ungrateful brat that I don't love them and never have. Told me I'm going nowhere in life and that I'm a failure. I'm 30 years old live and support myself completely on my own. I know this but I'm still believing the things she said. I can't do anything right. I hate when she gets to me like this. I feel 5 years old again waiting for my new bike that's never coming in the mail and then blamed because it didn't.
If you were younger, I could have contacted children protection agency for your sake, and I'm from a different country. As for the puppies though, I feel like there must be an animal protection agency other than PETA that you can ask for help. After that, for your own benefits, don't talk to them ever again. They are the toxic people that drives us closer and closer to the point of suicide, as in the case of pretty much almost everyone in this forum.

If, for the moment, you are just looking for someone to listen, just know there is no doing anything right, just doing the right things.

PS: Me at 5 years old never spent time waiting for a bike as something like that is expensive back in those days and no one would send a bike via mail, probably not in my country. I get your point, though.

I've considered calling animal control or the village. My parents can be fined an assload. And they will take the dogs. Its unclear what they will do with the dogs so I am hesitant to do it. The dogs didn't do anything wrong but have a fucked up home. I wanted to save a puppy from them. I had a name picked out and everything. Just another let down.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00