E-cigarettes

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Kaos General, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ok, well i bought an e-cig 2 weeks ago because i was tired of my clothes smelling like crap, yellow teeth and generally all the side effects that smoking brings, and surprisingly it worked. I honestly havent had a cigarette in 2 weeks. Now im not saying that e-cigs are safe because you are still inhaling nicotine, just minus the 4000 carcinogens that you find in tobacco.

What are everyone elses thoughts on e-cigs?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I tried but couldnt get to grips with it, guess I missed the 4000 carcinogenics lol
    Might give it another go though

3. Kaos General

Im saving a hell of a lot of money and kirsty loves the fact that i dont smell like an ashtray anymore lol

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

They work for me but think prayer beads with a dummy at one end would too. Don't think I'm a nicotine addict, I need something for my hands to do. I smoked at least 60 a day so I'm saving a fortune with a cheap (£14) e-cig. Tried one before unsuccessfully, this new one has vapour.

5. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I really like e-cigarettes. I find them better than tobacco. and if I had the money I would keep it up as its a lot safer (nicotine itself is not dangerous, just the crap that comes with it is what causes damage)

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I bought one last year, managed to stay off the cigs only a few days, can't remember how many, but I just couldn't stick to it. I felt like I was inhaling steam lol so didn't work out all too well for me, so happy for you though x

7. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Not tried one. Not sure I will need to if I keep up my vigilance. 2 weeks, pretty much cold turkey although it started off with not being well. And this is from 15-25 a day for the best part of 11 years (not quite that long, but definitely more than 10.5).

If it works, it's good in a way. If it doesn't, it's a personal choice.

8. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Personally, I think that if you are going to smoke, then go ahead and grab a packet of Winfield or Dunhill. None of this half-arsed stuff that is spamming the markets today. Sure, cigarettes in any form are bad for your health, but I do not see the need for special gimmicks when the only thing I am interested in first thing in the morning is that first lungful of smoke and nicotine surging through my bloodstream.
    I can already feel the sweet bliss of it now...

9. Kaos General

Its not a gimmick when your getting the exact same amount of nicotine you do in a normal cigarette, just minus the harmful crap that comes with smoking a normal fag. Oh and not to mention its 80% of the price of normal fags

10. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my mother has one, I bought her one last year...she likes it, she's cut down on the real thing thanks to it...plus she has all kinds of flavors so she really likes it...I think it's a good thing since most of what is toxic in the cigs is removed...and it's healthier than the real thing...

11. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

True, that. I'm just wondering about the factor of nicotine dependence. In an analog cigarette, the combustion process destroys a lot of the nicotine in it. As far as I know, no studies have been conducted to investigate how much nicotine is lost in the vaporizing process...So you may actually be getting MORE nicotine.
    Honestly though, I think it's a good choice if you're hooked. You're not burning the bejeezus out of your lungs and filling them up with smoke.

12. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

From what i understand the e-cigs are adjusted for that..
    mind you this is just what i hear, i have never smoked one myself although a lot of friends used them when they were trying to cut back/quit

13. nolongerknow

nolongerknow Active Member

Bought a cheap one and used it for about half a week. I smoked it through the day but always had 1 or 2 real cigs at night. I plan on trying a more expensive brand which has been recommended to me. Nicotine is the one thing i feel i can not live without, it's crazy.

14. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Thats great its helping i think i may suggest to my boyfriend about getting e-cigarettes

15. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

This post has inspired me to order some too...thanks for this W... you have such great contributions to our community

16. itachi

itachi Well-Known Member

I wish i had used E-cigs when i was quiting
    then perhaps i wouldn't have been such a rage zombie for a month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.