Early marriage, it scares me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by emi.armstrong, Aug 29, 2011.

1. emi.armstrong

emi.armstrong New Member

I've always been alone.. From a very young age I have taken care of my baby sister, my mentally and physically sick mother, and an older brother who has seizures. I am 16 years old. I have lost every reason to move on. I don't know what to do anymore. My sister has gotten to the age that she hates me.. and yet I have taken care of her from the time I was four and a half years old. My mother, whom has both severe physical and mental sicknesses, hates me. I have been taking care of her since I was eight. My father is never around.. He is always working and isn't there to see how I am being treated. My brother has moved out, he has seizures and I have watched over him since I was twelve. And now.. I have met the most amazing guy. He has it all; looks, brains, brawn, girls, etc. And yet he chose to fall in love with me. We have been dating for 8 months now and my father has said that he will sign the papers for me to get married young. My boyfriend and I have discussed this. On our one year anniversary, he wants to propose. He wants to get married next August. I am so scared I can't see straight.. But I'm the one who's been an adult from the age of ten. I shouldn't be scared.. And I don't even have the guts to tell my boyfriend that I am scared. I am afraid if I tell him he is going to think that I don't want to marry him. But I really do. He's always there for me and makes me so happy.. I just don't know what to do..

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun it is okay to be scared i would be terrified to be married at such a young age. I agree with you that waiting to get married is a better choice YOu have to take time to find out more about you Please talk with your bf about your fears okay he may be having the same fear himself If he truly loves you hun he will wait a few years until you are aleast of age Keep posting okay get others input on this hugs

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome. :hug: Thanks for introducing yourself and joining the forums here. With kind thoughts...Mr. A